Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abortion Discussion

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Kev W wrote: »
    That "demand" was actually a request contingent on you insisting on posting nonsense. I suppose based on your response we can look forward to more such nonsense.
    No, your post is nonsense. Times ten.
    This "say a post is rubbish and then fail completely to say why it's rubbish, a bit like you're not able to or something" is much easier than a real debate isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    This "say a post is rubbish and then fail completely to say why it's rubbish, a bit like you're not able to or something" is much easier than a real debate isn't it?

I don't see how I can make my point any easier for you to understand. Sorry.

I don't see how I can make my point any easier for you to understand. Sorry.
    Of course you don't. Some "points" are so bad that this happens. Don't beat yourself up about it, eh?

Of course you don't. Some "points" are so bad that this happens. Don't beat yourself up about it, eh?

Good to see you keeping your word about continuing to post nonsense.

Good to see you keeping your word about continuing to post nonsense.
    He says while thanking the post he's calling nonsense.
    Not hard to see who's confused here TBH.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭obplayer

Stay 100% predictable dude.
    Of course you didn't state what any of these "answers" are, exactly like I said you would. Hey, they're there somewhere along with the perpetual motion plans and formula for the common cold cure. Yeah, they're there somewhere. You've just got to find them yourself apparently! Funny how there was some moaning here earlier about people making claims ("this question has been answered") but providing not one whiff of evidence ("it's been answered and that's a fact 'cos I said so.")
    So, yip, you're doing the waffle thing without actually saying what these definitions are. You know, the ones you managed to count apparently? No chance you could copy and paste those answers? CTRL-C and CTRL-V I believe that is? Too complex.
    "C": Tough ****, I'm actually pro-abortion but you just weren't able to understand that the line of questioning I was following didn't necessarily mean I was anti-abortion at all. You will also of course yet again fail utterly to QUOTE (new word here pupils, look it up) where I have done any of the things you are claiming here. Time to wheel out "Because I said so." again, yes?
    This is working out extremely badly for you isn't it? Maybe read twice (or once properly) what you're attempting to reply to in future?
    One more thing: I think you can guess where you can put your demand that I stop posting here.

Rudeness proves nothing, post reported.

Sorry, I thought I had heard the last of this kind of response when I left the playground, however I will respond in kind.
    No your post is nonsense times one hundred...

tongue.jpg

obplayer wrote: »
    Rudeness proves nothing, post reported.
    Knock yourself out. The abusive post (his third or fourth in a row full of personal insults) that I was responding to remains mysteriously immune to your wet trout assault. Almost as if you're just out to attack me and don't actually care about "rude" posts at all, huh?

Knock yourself out. The abusive post (his third or fourth in a row full of personal insults) that I was responding to remains mysteriously immune to your wet trout assault. Almost as if you're just out to attack me and don't actually care about "rude" posts at all, huh?

Best leave the mods to decide I think.

Sorry, I thought I had heard the last of this kind of response when I left the playground, however I will respond in kind.

tongue.jpg
    Once again failing utterly to add even a shred of substance to "your post is rubbish". And not even knowing the difference.

• Advertisement

Best leave the mods to decide I think.
    Well that's a laughable lack of self-awareness when you yourself absolutely insist on announcing that you've reported my post.
    Oh dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,772 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

If you're just going to clog the thread with your nonsense, please, for charity's sake go somewhere where it'll be appreciated, and stop posting in an area where cogent arguments and rational discussion are expected.
    Stay 100% predictable dude.

One more thing: I think you can guess where you can put your demand that I stop posting here.
    That "demand" was actually a request contingent on you insisting on posting nonsense. I suppose based on your response we can look forward to more such nonsense.

tongue.jpg
    What the **** am I reading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

I'm actually pro-abortion

Yeah, and I'm the Queen of Sheba. You act like an anti-abortionist, you talk like an anti-abortionist, you spread lies like an anti-abortionist. Given that track record I'm not going to take your unevidenced assertions that you are in fact pro-choice, and not "pro-abortion" as you term it, one of the weasel words more favoured by anti-abortion propogandists.

Yeah, and I'm the Queen of Sheba. You act like an anti-abortionist, you talk like an anti-abortionist, you spread lies like an anti-abortionist. Given that track record I'm not going to take your unevidenced assertions that you are in fact pro-choice, and not "pro-abortion" as you term it, one of the weasel words more favoured by anti-abortion propogandists.
    Blah de blah de blah. Any chance you'll illustrate any of these claims about what I've apparently posted here with a QUOTE?
    Nope, didn't think so.
    Face facts man, you'll just blathering randomly at this stage. You've nothing to go on except misdirected rage and self-conviction.

Blah de blah de blah. Any chance you'll illustrate any of these claims about what I've apparently posted here with a QUOTE?
    Nope, didn't think so.
    You do realise he can't quote you in the middle of your own post, right?

I see you've thanked a post of mine you disagree with for the second time. All a bit bizarre...
    And your question makes zero sense, as I never asked him "to quote me in my post", did I? I asked him to quote me. I take that to mean "quote me in your own post" not "hack boards.ie and quote me in the middle of my own post", yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭robdonn

I see you've thanked a post of mine you disagree with for the second time. All a bit bizarre...
    And your question makes zero sense, as I never asked him "to quote me in my post", did I? I asked him to quote me. I take that to mean "quote me in your own post" not "hack boards.ie and quote me in the middle of my own post", yes?

I'm pretty sure he was simply pointing out that you asked for a quote and then immediately said "Nope, didn't think so." thus not actually giving an opportunity to provide a quote and just assuming that they can't.

robdonn wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure he was simply pointing out that you asked for a quote and then immediately said "Nope, didn't think so." thus not actually giving an opportunity to provide a quote and just assuming that they can't.
    It was the second time I've asked him to quote me if he has some evidence I've been lying here, so what I posted made complete sense as he was posting the same accusations again without a sniff of evidence to back it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

It was the second time I've asked him to quote me if he has some evidence I've been lying here, so what I posted made complete sense as he was posting the same accusations again without a sniff of evidence to back it up.
    Eh....No.

Almost as if I were getting some kind of enjoyment from your posts, eh?

• Advertisement

galljga1 wrote: »
    Eh....No.
    So if you ask somebody to quote you, and then they twice more post the same claims with of course mysteriously still no quote forthcoming, then there's something weird about pointing this out subsequently?
    So you only get once chance to challenge an unsourced assertion around here, is that the rule?
    Funny how I don't see anybody wading in with "What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." when it come's to Brian Shanahan's multiple claims that I have repeatedly lied here...
    Next I'll be told I'm a Catholic again I guess. LOL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

So if you ask somebody to quote you, and then they twice more post the same claims with of course mysteriously still no quote forthcoming, then there's something weird about pointing this out subsequently?
    So you only get once chance to challenge an unsourced assertion around here, is that the rule?
    Funny how I don't see anybody wading in with "What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." when it come's to Brian Shanahan's multiple claims that I have repeatedly lied here...
    Next I'll be told I'm a Catholic again I guess. LOL.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dan_Solo viewpost.gif
    Nope, didn't think so.

The above is what you posted followed by the response. You asked for something and then said 'nope, didn't think so'.
    Accept it, that cannot be done mid post, or be obtuse and carry on arguing pointlessly.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dan_Solo viewpost.gif
    Nope, didn't think so.

The above is what you posted followed by the response. You asked for something and then said 'nope, didn't think so'.
    Accept it, that cannot be done mid post, or be obtuse and carry on arguing pointlessly.
    Why are you inventing the preposterous idea that I was asking him to post "in my post"?
    I had already asked him to provide quotes from me to back up his claims.
    You will also of course yet again fail utterly to QUOTE (new word here pupils, look it up) where I have done any of the things you are claiming here. Time to wheel out "Because I said so." again, yes?
    So each and every time he makes the same accusations of me lying etc. here I will continue to ask him the same question. He has already been given multiple opportunities to provide his evidence and it's just not happening from him.

Eh....No.

Actually you'd get more sense from one of my cats. At least they know when they're being laughed at.

Why are you inventing the preposterous idea that I was asking him to post "in my post"?

Nobody is stating that you actually expected him to reply in your post, stop taking everything (or pretending to take everything) so literally.

Actually you'd get more sense from one of my cats. At least they know when they're being laughed at.
    Couldn't understand the discussion so straight to personal attacks he assures us add nothing of value...

robdonn wrote: »
    Nobody is stating that you actually expected him to reply in your post, stop taking everything (or pretending to take everything) so literally.
    Go on then, show us how he wasn't already given multiple requests to back up his claim, all of which he ignored. obplayer's at got your tongue?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,772 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

OK, I've just gone for ****s and giggles (translation: it was less painful than reading the most recent 2 pages) to browse the last 350 odd posts in this thread and have concluded Dan_Solo is pro-choice/pro-death/pro-butcher/pro-whateverlabelsomeonewantstouseashyperbole and is just posting as a Devils Advocate, which generally is not an egregious stance to take.

Can we move on or am I still reading a message-board version of the Muppet Babies?

Go on then, show us how he wasn't already given multiple requests to back up his claim, all of which he ignored. obplayer's at got your tongue?

And at no point have I said that he hasn't already been given multiple requests to back up his claim, or that he even has the information to back up his claims.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I'm actually pro-abortion
    I think you are probably the first pro=abortion person I have come across on boards. There are a largely large number of pro-choice but they seem to be pretty much like me in that they are pro-choice but don't particularly like abortions and would prefer that they were not necessary.

They, like me, I believe, see that abortion are something that is necessary in certain circumstances, but don't particularly like them. We believe the choice should be there, so a woman can avail of one if she needs to.

So what is it you like about abortions? Like I say, I am not a fan, but I am interested in finding out what a pro-abortion person likes about them.

MrP

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement