Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abortion Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

I really don't think replying to jack serves any purpose atall... Some of his comments are just disgusting. It always amazines me how quick, after a few posts, it becomes apparent that the person is either a troll or a total mysogynist. There is nothing to be gained by engaging with this particular poster other than contempt so I am out. ��

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Morag wrote: »
    So Jack Kyle if you consider abortion to be the murdering of a child, are women who have had an abortion there fore unfit to be mother's to other children?

Should if it is know a woman has had an abortion and has children or goes on to have children should she be reported to social services?

Should those children be removed from her care as she has already murdered a child?

Any change you would answer these questions?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 442 ✭✭Jack Kyle

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Showing your true colours now...

Don't try and tar me with that brush.

I've repeatedly included the men in various posts.

Abortion as a lifestyle choice is not a women's issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Afroshack

Jack Kyle wrote: »
    The men are just as culpable in a "we had a drunken knee trembler, let's hop on the boat and have the baby murdered" scenario, which I'd venture is the typical abortion scenario.

Rape victims are much cited but virtually non existent.

Jack I think it's safe to say you don't give a toss about women.

Any change you would answer these questions?

<SNIP>

No is the simple answer to your question. Interesting question though.

• Advertisement

Afroshack wrote: »
    Jack I think it's safe to say you don't give a toss about women.

That is not true.

Fairer to say that women don't think that men are entitled to a view on these topics.

Men who advocate tying women up, restraining them and calling women sluts are entitled to a few things, and their opinion taken seriously is not one.......

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Compassion and empathy called - they want their definitions back.

<SNIP>
    No is the simple answer to your question. Interesting question though.

So you don't think that a woman who has murdered a child is a danger to other children she has or may have.

Surely that is a daft double standard?

That is not true.

Fairer to say that women don't think that men are entitled to a view on these topics.

An opinion is fine. The following are not:

1. Thinking it's acceptable to physically restrain women during pregnancy
    2. Thinking it's acceptable to monitor their travel and stop them leaving the country.
    3. Undermining how many rape survivors have terminated an unwanted pregnancy. (have you forgotten how the X-case began)
    4. Calling women regretful sluts, baby-killers, murderers, and accusing them of infantcide.
    5. Denouncing women who would rather fulfill their career ambitions before starting a family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Rape victims are much cited but virtually non existent.

Funny - as that is exactly what sparked off the X Case.

Are you going to tell us that the body has a way of not becoming pregnant following a legitimate rape next?

Or are you now saying that pregnancy due to rape is a justifiable reason to have an abortion?

by the by
    A young girl in Chile is facing health complications after getting pregnant from a rape--and her ordeal has ignited a debate over the country’s total abortion ban.
    ...The 11-year-old is now 14-weeks pregnant. Her mother’s boyfriend confessed to abusing the fifth-grader. The girl was raped numerous times over the past two years.

But abortion is not an option.
    http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/rape-11-year-old-chile-sparks-national-debate-over-abortion-ban

The very life of an 11 year old child jack is threatened because she got pregnant after being raped numerous times - you are all talk about protecting innocent unborn 'children' - what about her jack? She is a child. Doesn't her life need to be protected too?

Anyways, I've noted the first sly little references to trolling (which this isn't).

The usual tactics are about to be deployed...

More and more ludicrous questions will be asked. The sheer volume of questions and their similarity will force me to ignore some and to repeat my position. I'll then be accused of peddling opinions rather than facts (which is the only option for topics like this) and repeating my points ad nauseam.

I'll then be baited and insulted to provoke an angry response.

Then the pro-abortion lobby will delight in looking to have me banned.

Well I'm out before all of the above.

Good luck to you all. I am entitled to my opinion, as are you.

Good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Ah, the persecution card, how are ye?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Anyways, I've noted the first sly little references to trolling (which this isn't).

More and more ludicrous questions will be asked. The sheer volume of questions and their similarity will force me to ignore some and to repeat my position. I'll then be accused of peddling opinions rather than facts (which is the only option for topics like this) and repeating my points ad nauseam.

Deja vu.

Anyways, please refrain in future from insulting posters grammar or syntax. Especially when it's perfectly obvious that it's a typo and the grammar and prose of post is otherwise near excellent.

Thanking yous,

Jernal wrote: »
    Deja vu.

Indeed last time I saw a poster taking the tact he did, they said that abortion was child sacrifice and so likened feminists to witches.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Indeed last time I saw a poster taking the tact he did, they said that abortion was child sacrifice and so likened feminists to witches.

I was actually referring to this. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

MrPudding wrote: »
    To the extent that they should be sedated, restrained and have the bone marrow extracted against their will?

MrP

On the off chance that you haven't gone, any chance of an answer to this, relating to your opinion that a person should donate bone marrow?

Also, I see the mask starting to slip... I know you said you were not religious, but I would hazard that very, very few non-religious people would use the term fornicate. It has a decidedly religious ring to it. You sure you are telling fibs...?

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

Just in case you return once again. Why do you believe that a foetus becomes a child when it becomes human shaped? I think this is a central point as the debate is not really whether abortion should be allowed, as you yourself said earlier in the debate that it was ok if it was early enough. The debate is really around when a foetus becomes a child, that seems to be where the disagreement arises.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Just in case you return once again. Why do you believe that a foetus becomes a child when it becomes human shaped? I think this is a central point as the debate is not really whether abortion should be allowed, as you yourself said earlier in the debate that it was ok if it was early enough. The debate is really around when a foetus becomes a child, that seems to be where the disagreement arises.

But, but, but it has tiiiinnnnny fingers!!!!

MrP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

MrPudding wrote: »
    On the off chance that you haven't gone, any chance of an answer to this, relating to your opinion that a person should donate bone marrow?

Also, I see the mask starting to slip... I know you said you were not religious, but I would hazard that very, very few non-religious people would use the term fornicate. It has a decidedly religious ring to it. You sure you are telling fibs...?

MrP

I've seen it used in Early Modern documents relating to how awful it was when people of good English blood had if off with the mere Irish.

Actually, the authors of those documents tended to be of a religiously persuasion now that I think on it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Now you are sounding like someone from a bygone era.

tumblr_m5q5hqzvN11r7r6wqo1_500.gif

*You're* going to throw that accusation at someone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I keep missing Jack's tantrums :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

If there was no alternative, I'd willingly take the beating. Not just for my own child...I'd take it for yours.

The killing of a child is heartbreaking. The experiences that you and I have had and that the child will not have. It's upsetting.

I'd take my chances with the bat.

You're right, the killing of a child is heartbreaking.

However we're discussing abortions of a fetus that has yet to form a full life form. It's a clump of cells.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

That is not true.

Eh, you're claiming that the women who travel for abortions are 'sluts' or the dreaded 'career women', you're posts can't be taken particularly seriously given the nasty tone of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

Instances like the Savita case are straightforward. She should have received an "abortion". I use the term loosely as what she needed was a necessary medical procedure.

That's akin to the example of a woman who requires life saving treatment which would kill the unborn child.

However, all of the examples provided by the pro-choice side are extreme and designed to muddy the argument.

A "normal" woman with a "normal" pregnancy who hasn't been raped and isn't dying should not be allowed to have an abortion. Such an abortion is morally wrong and is murder.

This is the scenario in almost all cases. Women that have been raped or women that are dying or women with two heads represent a tiny portion of cases yet they're the cases spouted by the pro-choice lobby.

You want to force women to have unwanted children, you take care of them. Until I see proof positive that you've personally adopted multiple newborn infants who would have otherwise been aborted, I'll treat your opinions, rightly, as being no better than the donkey dung I fell on earlier today (donkey derby for GAA festival, if anyone is curious).

You want to force women to have unwanted children, you take care of them. Until I see proof positive that you've personally adopted multiple newborn infants who would have otherwise been aborted, I'll treat your opinions, rightly, as being no better than the donkey dung I fell on earlier today (donkey derby for GAA festival, if anyone is curious).

YES! Exactly.

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    For all your talk of defending life - you appear to have placed some serious limits on what form that defense takes. Limits that mean force should be used when dealing with a fetus in utero but once it's born - then hell, let it die.

Well I've never met an anti-abortion advocate who gave two ****s about the life they're trying to "protect" once it actually becomes alive by being born.

I doubt that such a system would be affordable, and I'll hazard a guess that multinationals won't want to invest in such a country, nor would the EU want to trade with us.

Given what he wants Saudi Arabia would be up in arms over our misogynistic treatment of women!

That's how warped his mentality is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

This might force another "look" at women's rights in regard to pregnancy.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/fatal-abnormality-case-puts-abortion-back-in-spotlight-240972.html?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement