Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abortion Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Jack Kyle wrote: »
    We may as well be debating the merits or otherwise of kiddy fiddling.

Abortion, murder, child molestation and rape are all there on the spectrum of vile and evil behaviour.

This thread is incredible really.

So now I am as evil as rapist, child abuser as well as a murder, charming.
    The majority of posters are saying that it's okay to butcher unborn babies. A few lone voices of sanity are rightly saying that this is b..locks.

Have you seen/heard about how some abortions are performed? Babies stabbed in the head with scissors...legs broken and chopped off...brains hoovered out of their skulls and then dragged from their mothers to be burned in furnaces.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intact_dilation_and_extraction

"But sure this is a women's issue."

"It's my body".

Well no...f..k that...standing idly by while an agenda like this is pushed by dark forces is the kind of behaviour that facilitated and enabled Nazism.

87% of all abortions carried out by BPAS in the UK are medical abortions preformed with the abortion pill before 9 weeks and it just causes the lining of the womb to come away and the impanted embryo with it.

As ever anti abortionist will try and paint a gorey picture of the rare later term abortions, which are less then 3% and are usually only in cases of fetal fatal abnormalities.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 442 ✭✭Jack Kyle

Nodin wrote: »
    Dear me. How very victorian.

Read through the thread.

Read the posts.

There are numerous examples of posters basically saying that they want to copulate without consequences.

What makes certain people morally superior is the fact that in the event of an unwanted pregnancy, they'd "get on with it" rather than killing the resulting unborn child.

And if you can't deal with the consequences because of health or financial reasons, then either:

- Abstain, or

- Get sterilised.

Abortion is a consequence of selfish self indulgent hedonistic behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

We may as (........)and enabled Nazism.

Seeing women as incubators strikes me as rather more akin to Nazism than allowing her control over her own body.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Copulate is the new fornication!!!
    Why all the fancy words for sex?

• Moderators Posts: 51,784 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Read through the thread.

Read the posts.

There are numerous examples of posters basically saying that they want to copulate without consequences.

What makes certain people morally superior is the fact that in the event of an unwanted pregnancy, they'd "get on with it" rather than killing the resulting unborn child.

And if you can't deal with the consequences because of health or financial reasons, then either:

- Abstain, or

- Get sterilised.

And what about women who have abortions because they don't want to have their rapists child? Or because of medical reasons? They also engaging in selfish indulgent hedonistic behaviour? :rolleyes:

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement

koth wrote: »
    No, that's just your opinion.

And it's just your opinion that I'm wrong.

They're all just opinions.

You're saying it like it's something profound and as for the person thanking your post...well I guess nothing should surprise me.

There are numerous examples of posters basically saying that they want to copulate without consequences..

So?

- Abstain, or

- Get sterilised.

Why, when one can have an abortion in the event of an accidental pregnancy?

A funny way to describe sex. Very catholic, as it happens.

lazygal wrote: »
    Copulate is the new fornication!!!
    Why all the fancy words for sex?

sex is durty.

And it's just your opinion that I'm wrong.

They're all just opinions.

You're saying it like it's something profound and as for the person thanking your post...well I guess nothing should surprise me.

Now you're beginning to get it. So why should your opinion take precedent over a woman who doesn't want to go through with a pregnancy?

And what about women who have abortions because they don't want to have their rapists child? Or because of medical reasons? They also engaging in selfish indulgent hedonistic behaviour? :rolleyes:

You see there's the crutch that the pro abortion side seek to misuse.

This is really about Hedonists who want to copulate to their hearts content safe in the knowledge that they can just dispose of any resulting baby.

But the poor rape victims or Savitas of this world are used as Trojan horses to facilitate the amoral majority to live without consequences or accountability.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

[...] the kind of behaviour that facilitated and enabled Nazism.
    Hey, Jack. Not sure you had time to read me last warning about you Godwinning yerself. It's up there ^^^ somewhere.

Anyhow, cut out the off-topic tangents and the silly hyperbola. Instead, try sticking to the straight and narrow and encompassing your argument within that general area.

You see there's the crutch that the pro abortion side seek to misuse.

This is really about Hedonists who want to copulate to their hearts content safe in the knowledge that they can just dispose of any resulting baby.

But the poor rape victims or Savitas of this world are used as Trojan horses to facilitate the amoral majority to live without consequences or accountability.

.....that's one of the least convincing lines you've put forward thus far, which is saying something. You also seem to be confusing 'morals different to mine' with 'no morals at all'.

I think bringing a child into the world which you do no want, and can not provide for or which you provide for but neglect emotionaly is far more selfish.

So are you willing to help pay for women to be sterilized? it costs about 3 grand here and up to 7 grand in the UK, are you going to help with the costs of traveling and sorting out child care?

Now you're beginning to get it. So why should your opinion take precedent over a woman who doesn't want to go through with a pregnancy?

Why should your opinion take precedent over Hitler's?

I think that it's wrong to murder an unborn baby. Some theoretical woman thinks that it's okay to have that unborn baby butchered. I'm pretty confident that my opinion is right.

robindch wrote: »
    Hey, Jack. Not sure you had time to read me last warning about you Godwinning yerself. It's up there ^^^ somewhere.

Anyhow, cut out the off-topic tangents and the silly hyperbola. Instead, try sticking to the straight and narrow and encompassing your argument within that general area.

I missed that. Apologies.

I feel strongly though that when I see utter wrongdoing, I should speak up. I wasn't comparing anyone to Nazis though...it was more advocating non inertia.

I think that it's wrong to murder an unborn baby. Some theoretical woman thinks that it's okay to have that unborn baby butchered. I'm pretty confident that my opinion is right.

I'm not a theoretical woman. Your opinion is wrong.

...you can be confident of it all ye want. That doesn't excuse inflicting it on another person and violating their autonomy as a result.

It's not murder or "butchering a baby". Want to try again and explain why abortion is evil?

.....that's one of the least convincing lines you've put forward thus far, which is saying something. You also seem to be confusing 'morals different to mine' with 'no morals at all'.

How so?

It's always rape victims that are cited by the pro abortion side but this debate is really about women wanting to be free to eradicate the consequences of an ill judged frisson.

How so?

It's always rape victims that are cited by the pro abortion side but this debate is really about women wanting to be free to eradicate the consequences of an ill judged frisson.

It's not "always rape victims". I think we're perfectly clear that its about the womans right to choose, with a big full stop after that.

• Advertisement

Oh dear it seems Jack Kyle has deemed me too evil to bother replying to.

Morag wrote: »
    I think bringing a child into the world which you do no want, and can not provide for or which you provide for but neglect emotionaly is far more selfish.

So are you willing to help pay for women to be sterilized? it costs about 3 grand here and up to 7 grand in the UK, are you going to help with the costs of traveling and sorting out child care?

Irish people are forced to the far corners of the world to find children to adopt.

Adoption rather than abortion is a solution.

And yes, perhaps the taxpayer should subsidise the sterilisation of these people.

Jack, why don't you use sex rather than euphemisms? Sex. Its okay to use the term sex. Sex.

Morag wrote: »
    Oh dear it seems Jack Kyle has deemed me too evil to bother replying to.

Which of your points are you looking for a reply to?

Irish people are forced to the far corners of the world to find children to adopt.

Adoption rather than abortion is a solution.

And yes, perhaps the taxpayer should subsidise the sterilisation of these people.

Why should women with unwanted pregnancies be forced to gestate and birth an unwanted foetus just because others can't have children?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

This is going somewhere very special, I can feel it in me wathers.

It's not "always rape victims". I think we're perfectly clear that its about the womans right to choose, with a big full stop after that.

And a woman should have NO right to choose because her right to self determination in respect of her own body does not override her unborn baby's right to life.

This is really about selfish women wanting pleasure without consequences.

When I have sex with someone, I accept that there is a chance, however small, that a pregnancy could arise. I accept that there could be consequences. Killing a baby that was conceived by accident wouldn't even be on the agenda.

If you want sex without consequences, get sterilised...

And a woman should have NO right to choose because her right to self determination in respect of her own body does not override her unborn baby's right to life.

This is really about selfish women wanting pleasure without consequences.

When I have sex with someone, I accept that there is a chance, however small, that a pregnancy could arise. I accept that there could be consequences. Killing a baby that was conceived by accident wouldn't even be on the agenda.

Do you think child benefit should be paid from the time of conception? Even when a miscarriage later occurs?

lazygal wrote: »
    Do you think child benefit should be paid from the time of conception? Even when a miscarriage later occurs?

lazygal, your post is facetious in the extreme.

Did you know that an unborn child's heart starts beating at 20 days?

Or that brainwaves can be detected from an unborn baby at 40 days?

But let's legalise the widespread killing of unborn children just so hedonistic adults can rut like beasts with zero accountability...

• Advertisement

lazygal, your post is facetious in the extreme.

Did you know that an unborn child's heart starts beating at 20 days?

Or that brainwaves can be detected from an unborn baby at 40 days?

But let's legalise the widespread killing of unborn children just so hedonistic adults can rut like beasts with zero accountability...

I'm currently breastfeeding my second child. I know all about gestating foetuses. I still support abortion access and would have one myself if I wanted and needed one.
    So, should I have been paid child benefit while carrying my unborn children?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement