Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slight exposure to sun a week after tattoo?

Options
  • 10-07-2013 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭

I'm getting a large upper back tattoo completed on the 20th (coloured in) and I want to be able to display it by 27th at a tattoo event. It's mainly outdoors.

If it's sunny, is it okay to put some suncream on it? It'll be a week done so I will still be putting bepanthen on it at that stage and for another week after.

I can't move the date back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ninja13

On the day of the event use suncream instead of bepanthen, when your finished then go back to your cream. Make sure you apply the sun cream throughout the day to keep the tattoo protected especially in this heat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

It depends on how well you heal from tattoos, tbh. I know I never fully heal up within a week, usually takes two weeks til I'm all healed up, and you should never use sun cream on a tattoo that isn't fully healed.

Advertisement