Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feedback on logo

Options
  • 10-07-2013 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭

I'm making a logo for a gaming team I play for.

http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r496/Arniewar/sA2_zps5902be69.jpg

Is there any more adjustments I could make on the logo to make it feel more "compact" and "sharp" if you know what I mean. I spent quiet awhile trying to get ideas for a logo and I think this fits perfect with our attitude towards competitive gaming:rolleyes:.

Anyway, any suggestions and thoughts on this? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭LawdyLad

I think the logo looks great to be honest. I also am interested in competitive gaming, which game do you play competitively? For me, it's Black Ops 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

LawdyLad wrote: »
    I think the logo looks great to be honest. I also am interested in competitive gaming, which game do you play competitively? For me, it's Black Ops 2.
    This isn't the place to chat about this, but I game on Battlefield 3. I've played ladders and tournaments on Blacks Ops1 and MW2 before though. I'm sure there's an entire forum section dedicated to this, and thanks for your logo opinion :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Simplify it, ruthlessly.

I'd recommend you remove any gradients, uncomplicate the type, adjust to make it work on various backgrounds and at various sizes...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Agree with the above. Simplify, simplify, simplify. I'd ditch the 3D effect you've got there and got for something flatter (hate that word). Lose the gradients, shadows etc. Don't think the typeface does much for it.

I don't have any gradients on the logo besides the slight white-light grey gradient on the face. Maybe remove the glare on the top of the face? I don't know what 3D effect you're talking about? Maybe the indent effect of the eyes with the face?

I will try a more "simplier" version by not adding too many effects, but it's very interesting what you people think, I never thought I put too much. To me, it looks a little bland and too basic.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I think the problem is that it's somewhat dated and even cheap looking. The glossy 3D gradient heavy logos of several years ago have been replaced with much simpler 'flat' silhouettes. Drop shadows, glowing edges and reflections are out and sharp crisp simple shapes are in.

Additionally there is confusion in the styling. Some of it has a 3D effect (head) and other bits are flat (headset). The teeth are overly detailed compared to the rest.

Reduce it down to a simple silhouette, and work from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

I don't have any gradients on the logo besides the slight white-light grey gradient on the face. Maybe remove the glare on the top of the face? I don't know what 3D effect you're talking about? Maybe the indent effect of the eyes with the face?

I will try a more "simplier" version by not adding too many effects, but it's very interesting what you people think, I never thought I put too much. To me, it looks a little bland and too basic.

:)

The head looks 3Dish due to gradient and glare on it. Gives it too much depth considering all the other elements around it.

Like mentioned above, strip it down to the basic shapes and work from there. The concept is good, just needs refining and bringing up to date.

Keep us updated and good luck!

I will start on a simpler 2D version on Wed. I will keep this thread updated. :) Again, thanks for the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

I like it only thing that got me was the red A in awesome, i'd have the last letter of that world being Red just to keep symmatry(or however you spell that word) besides that its awesome.

Advertisement