Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iphone 4s water damage

• 10-07-2013 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Ive had my iphone about 3 months now, on contract with vodafone and insured with mobilecover.ie, on saturday afternoon i dropped it in water although it did not fully submerge, the screen went dead straight away but some functions continued to work, ie. the vibration slider and the screenshot button, was also recieving calls still, been drying in silica gel in a hot area since it occurred, today i thought id chance charging it up to see if the silica gel had worked, now it wont charge and my itunes doesnt recognise it, just wondering should i send it into mobilecover now or just get an out of warranty repair from apple, its just ive read nothing but bad things about them here and i dont want to be without the phone for too much longer, does anyone here have any experience with sending water damaged iphones to them, thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

With most repairs I'd say go with apple, especially if under warranty. In your case however it's not under warranty and you have insurance. Now I don't know what your excess is -if any- but why pay apple €200+ for a repair if its covered by your insurance. Also I've no experience with mobile insurance but I hear some/most don't repair but just send a replacment, not sure if that applies to your insurance company. Lastly one thing to keep in mind if you claim, there's probably a max time limit to inform them of a problem/claim you may want check that and make sure your statement/claim is within the max report time...

Advertisement