Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is there major issue with fibre BB be it eircom, VF etc

• 10-07-2013 3:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭

my vf fibre has gone belly up again, same fault, exchange, but has anyone with eircom got the same problem ie modem going off.

gbc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,340 ✭✭✭✭phog

I would suggest renaming the thread to see if this is a bigger issue, maybe posters outside of Ennis or non Eircom efibre cuctomers might have similar issue but may have ignored the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭copper04

Just as a matter of interest I noticed today 3.15 PM my broadband speed dropped from 7.5 Mbps to under 2 Mbps. have not had time to phone VF to see what is going on. (Lahinch Road side of Ennis)
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭RikuoAmero

copper04 wrote: »
    Just as a matter of interest I noticed today 3.15 PM my broadband speed dropped from 7.5 Mbps to under 2 Mbps. have not had time to phone VF to see what is going on. (Lahinch Road side of Ennis)
    Thanks.

If I were you, I'd double check everything to make sure it isn't the ISP itself at fault. On the day I got Eircom Fibre in, it got ridiculously slow for me in the evening - thing is, after I switched over from my desktop to my laptop, suddenly, I was getting full speeds. So double check your hardware (my desktop's USB Wifi stick hated it whenever I would just reset without shutting down, so it gave me very slow speeds for some reason).
    Even if your hardware checks out, wait until at least the next day before complaining. Little dips and slow-downs are to be expected in any internet service - it's when they persist for hours is when you should be worried.

Advertisement