Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beginner board!

Options
  • 10-07-2013 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

hey

i've had about ten lessons on a foamie over the years and last weekend tried a hard board for the first time. went ok, popped up a few times. it was a 8 foot board. looking to really get into surfing over the next few years and wondering what the board with suit best. i'm 5'9, 158lbs, quite fit from running. thinking this for starters, any advice would be great - http://www.wetsuitcentre.co.uk/circle_one_southern_swell_epoxy_surfboard_-_7ft_6_grey_fade

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 nickbok

That'd be grand I'd say. I started with a fibregalss mini mal. Absolutely loved that board! Only had 2 lessons before gettin it. Was fine. Having it and using it as much as possible will be great help. Epoxy's tend to be more bouyant and floaty so be fine for paddling and catching :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 brando1980

cheers, was thinking of going with a 7"4 just to get out back easier but not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 37 0435414@live.ie

Hey- Im new to surfing. Im 6'1 about 95kg and im relatively fit from rowing.
    I need advice on the what size longboard to get.
    what's the difference between epoxy and foam boards and which is more suitable?
    What dimensions should I be looking for in a good beginners board?

Also whats the story with weever fish?...should I get boots?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 robert08

Hey,
    I am new in surfing. I want to start. I don't have any Idea where should I go for buy board. How much for board??????

What is Epoxy ???
    what is foam boards?????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

This has been asked a before, sorry to be a downer but it gets boring if the same questions are always asked.

http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?subforums=1&forum=835&query=beginners+board

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Sorry guys, but not sure if you have heard that Clare County council are introducing a cap on the amount of surfers allowed in the water at the one time and one location. Especially beginners.
    They're going to get surfers to sign forms in the car park and then cap the numbers allowed.
    People have complained it to be similar to badger culling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

seachto7 wrote: »
    Sorry guys, but not sure if you have heard that Clare County council are introducing a cap on the amount of surfers allowed in the water at the one time and one location. Especially beginners.
    They're going to get surfers to sign forms in the car park and then cap the numbers allowed.
    People have complained it to be similar to badger culling.

They're not going to get my name anyway.

Ill sign in as Kermit the Frog, how will they control the reefs and other places ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Spotters

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Bub34

have a 7.6 zetec southern swell, bout the same size as you seem to be getting on well with it. I love it..I wudnt go any smaller do

Advertisement