Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

potty train/ number 2!!!

Options
  • 10-07-2013 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi all, I'm in middle of potty training my 26 month old son and although his doing great doin his wee in potty or toilet, the issue I have is his poo,,, he hasn't done it yet in toilet/potty,, he either does it in his underpants or asks for a nappy to be put on so he can do it in nappy,,,, he gets all upset saying no when I ask him to do it in toilet...he wears a nappy at nite still .
    But don't no what to try regarding number 2,, been training him bout 2 weeks or so now.
    Any advice be great,thanks all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

I had the exact same problem. We bought "pirate Pete" potty training book, as pirate Pete has a similar problem!
    Gave him a treat for doing a poo, made a chart with stars for every time he did one.

It took a lot of perseverance and hand holding but eventually we got there.
    Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭jackben

I had the exact same problem. We bought "pirate Pete" potty training book, as pirate Pete has a similar problem!
    Gave him a treat for doing a poo, made a chart with stars for every time he did one.

It took a lot of perseverance and hand holding but eventually we got there.
    Good luck.

Hi Maverick Chubby Cowboy, thanks for ur reply, treat is worth a try as he loves his treats.
    Will look up that book too...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

jackben wrote: »
    Hi rosebush, thanks for ur reply, treat is worth a try as he loves his treats.
    Will look up that book too...

If you're in south dub, I got it in the book station on stillorgan sc yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

The poos take so much longer for them to grasp. Be patient it will click eventually. ..when we were potty training he saw his poo in the potty and it freaked him out. ..he wouldn't sit on the toilet long enough and would save it for his night time nappy.

We tried everything. ..treats. ..an egg timer and a book (to get him to spend longer on the loo) ...then we got a little pack of gold stars...one for a wee two for a poo...when he got 5 he got a prize (something cheapo) ...either it worked or it was coincidence but we onky needed 3 groups of 5 stickers. ..they're still on the back of the bathroom door actually :D

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭jackben

The poos take so much longer for them to grasp. Be patient it will click eventually. ..when we were potty training he saw his poo in the potty and it freaked him out. ..he wouldn't sit on the toilet long enough and would save it for his night time nappy.

We tried everything. ..treats. ..an egg timer and a book (to get him to spend longer on the loo) ...then we got a little pack of gold stars...one for a wee two for a poo...when he got 5 he got a prize (something cheapo) ...either it worked or it was coincidence but we onky needed 3 groups of 5 stickers. ..they're still on the back of the bathroom door actually :D

Thanks Hannibal smith.
    He sometimes minds it for his night time nappy, but actually the last couple of nights he refuses to wear his nite time nappy,says it s too hot an sore, hence the bed gets wet then:(:(:(..
    I'm due number 2 in 3 months so I've plenty time to work on the poos:):)
    I may stock up in the treats.
    Thanks again.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

jackben wrote: »
    Thanks Hannibal smith.
    He sometimes minds it for his night time nappy, but actually the last couple of nights he refuses to wear his nite time nappy,says it s too hot an sore, hence the bed gets wet then:(:(:(..
    I'm due number 2 in 3 months so I've plenty time to work on the poos:):)
    I may stock up in the treats.
    Thanks again.....
    Good luck. ..The pull up pants might be worth a shot if you haven't tried them already. ..they're not as bulky

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I had the same problem and as a last resort I would bring him to the toilet several times a day and the wee would come straight away but then he wanted to leave the toilet. To convince him to stay I got a timer app on my phone and told him to wait till the 3 minutes were up and then he could get off the loo. I let him hold the phone (yes I know- toddler holding smart phone over the toilet not tge best idea!) And it took his mind off what he was doing and eventually he did it. Would try it again with the next ones if they had the same problem

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

He's obviously not ready to be toilet trained. What's the rush?

Advertisement