Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I have asked for more money?

Options
  • 10-07-2013 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Before having a meeting with the director of the company I'm interning in I decided that what ever they offer I'd ask for a couple grand more. Knowing that salaries have gone down I knew I'd be taking a pay cut from the job I had before. Turns out they offered me a very good compensation package which is considerably higher than my last job. So, I said nothing in case it was taken off the table. Should I have chanced my arm and asked for a bit more? I don't regret accepting it at all, it's my dream job and it pays well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

macsauce wrote: »
    Before having a meeting with the director of the company I'm interning in I decided that what ever they offer I'd ask for a couple grand more. Knowing that salaries have gone down I knew I'd be taking a pay cut from the job I had before. Turns out they offered me a very good compensation package which is considerably higher than my last job. So, I said nothing in case it was taken off the table. Should I have chanced my arm and asked for a bit more? I don't regret accepting it at all, it's my dream job and it pays well.

I don't think you should have asked for more! You got your dream job , you are lucky. On top of that the package is considerably higher than your last job , i would just be grateful :)

Advertisement