Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Ticketmaster still have their asinine policy regarding the name on a ticket vs the

Options
  • 10-07-2013 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭

My dad used his credit card to order my ticket for the Killers on Saturday, but I've just noticed that his name appears on the ticket, which is making me nervous - will I be refused entry given that my name isn't on it? There was no option on their website to have a different name for the ticket than the cardholder, or if there was it wasn't obvious - do they still make trouble about this or will it be ok?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

The name on the ticket doesn't matter at all. The last time that mattered was in 2009 at the Miley Cyrus show and some time later a Justin Bieber gig.
    Don't worry, you'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Most venues don't have the time to check everyone's ID, especially a big outdoor event like the upcoming Killers gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

The only reason names appear are ones that paid by CC, there is never an issue.

heck i was even on to TM about the picnic discounts as i had to buy for a mate and they said there was no issue at all.

You'll be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

sabrewulf wrote: »
    The last time that mattered was in 2009 at the Miley Cyrus show and some time later a Justin Bieber gig.
    Yes, it has only been done on very few gigs as an anti-tout measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

It has only been required on a few occasions, that the name of the person buying the ticket and going to the gig must be printed on the ticket.

It is done usually for gigs that are expected to sell out rapidly.

For example, it was done for the Tom Waits gigs in July 2008, where when buying at any ticketmaster outlet, the ticketmaster attendant asked for the names of each of the customers as they bought their tickets, and printed the names on each of the tickets, to stop people selling them on.

People brought ID to the gig, and when the tickets were being scanned at the entrance, they were able to show they had the corresponding name.

Otherwise, the cardholders name is printed on tickets bought online, and will not stop you from gaining entry.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement