Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iturbo For HIS graphics card help

Options
  • 10-07-2013 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

My graphic's card came with a programme called I turbo where I can supposedly over clock my Pc I cranked it up and played arma 2 and it crashed and I am worried they are related can any one help me. thanks ?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

It is quite probably related but don't worry its not a problem the card will be fine, the key is to do it slowly in small increments until you find the maximum stable setting not just crank it up as far as you can straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭aaronsharkey

it just has gpu clock, would cranking that up help in game performance

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

it just has gpu clock, would cranking that up help in game performance

Oh yeah big time, just take it gently. To save a little bit of time maybe start off with a 10% overclock , as there is a good chance will be perfectly stable and move in smaller increments from there (I presume it s a 7XXX card so 10% should be no problem off the bat unless you have been unlucky in the silicon lottery).

I usually go in 25MHz chunks or so until it crashes, move back to the last stable setting at start moving up again in smaller increments again. You can try upping the board power limit to the maximum of 20% as well when you get near the limits.

Unlike changing voltage, which is slightly more advanced stuff, it is perfect safe to up the power limit. I wouldn't go near voltages until you are much more comfortable with the basics, maybe watch a few youtube vids and read a few guides to get more comfortable with the basic concepts first and stay at stock for now.

No harm to overclock the memory as well, except don't skip straight up 10% and again go in small increments. It can give a decent boost in some games as well but not near as much as the GPU.

For quick testing I usually just use a demo of 3Dmark or Uniengine heaven benchmark along and a few minutes of Furmark , but only long gaming sessions can really test for true stability (I though I had my HD7850 stable at 1200MHz, and it was in benchmarks but a few crashes later in Far Cry 3 and Metro Last Light it turns out to be more like 1180MHz).

Thanks for the help I really appreciate it

I was just looking at a video and my iTurbo doesnt have a voltage gauge

• Advertisement

Also what is a good fan speed currently my temperature is 34 degrees I believe it might be the height and my fan is running at 41% is that ok or could it do with adjustment

Also what is a good fan speed currently my temperature is 34 degrees I believe it might be the height and my fan is running at 41% is that ok or could it do with adjustment

I have a HIS and was able to get a small voltage unlock using saphire trix, iTurbo had no voltage setting for me either.

No real need to go messing with the fan unless the noise is bothering you, I doubt it is very audible at those rpms

Thanks again for the help, I also noticed that in the newegg video his memory clock is at 1200 and he is using an Ice q 7870, I was looking at mine and it is a 5000 and my gpu is 950, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnPwyCWSlTM

Advertisement