Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

68/69gr .223 ammo

Options
  • 10-07-2013 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭

Heya lads, I'm looking for some .223 hornady 68gr BTHP match or some 69gr federal gold medal match.

Does anyone know anywhere selling these or any dealer actually willing to get some in and not just say they will look into it?

Also willing try try any similar weights if anyone has some suggestions. Hornady 75gr BTHP just isn't cutting it. The twist in my barrel is 1 in 9.5 (yes I measured it)

Cheers!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Jim Griffin in Tullamore was, and i stress was, getting in .223 ammo in a variety of grainages. It was HPS match ammo.

He may some left or still be getting it in. Give him a shout and ask.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭yubabill1

You might find 60g or low 60's suit your twist rate better than 68/69gr.

Got 69gr BTHP Matchkings @ 3000fps years ago in Stakelums. Don't know if they still do them. Excellent out of 1:8 T3.

Was not impressed with 75gr Hornady either. They hit hard, though (big bang + recoil, too)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

yubabill1 wrote: »
    You might find 60g or low 60's suit your twist rate better than 68/69gr.

Got 69gr BTHP Matchkings @ 3000fps years ago in Stakelums. Don't know if they still do them. Excellent out of 1:8 T3.

Was not impressed with 75gr Hornady either. They hit hard, though (big bang + recoil, too)

I picked up some 60gr tap so gonna give that a shot soon when I get some time off. The 75gr were ok but out past 300 metres they start to look like a shotgun pattern unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

I tried Jim , paul I halloran and stakelums. No joy in any of them. Anyone any other ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭richiedel123

Try Patrick carley in wexford. If he doesn't have it I guarantee he will get it for you. He also gets it couriered out to you so ya don't have to travel to get it. He got me bullets before I could not get anywhere. His number is 0866861154

• Advertisement
Advertisement