If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New TV

Options
  • 10-07-2013 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi guys 
    Looking at the Sony 423 with the Google box and wondering is it still available and what else around that price point would you have new or open box with delivery to Wicklow that I should consider? 
    TV would have to be 40 or 42 inch
    Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

KBRADY wrote: »
    Hi guys 
    Looking at the Sony 423 with the Google box and wondering is it still available and what else around that price point would you have new or open box with delivery to Wicklow that I should consider? 
    TV would have to be 40 or 42 inch
    Thanks
    That Sony is a great price - at just £449.95 / €539.99 INCLUDING the Google Box worth £150 it really is exceptional value:
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/sony/bravia-kdl40r473a-and-nszgs7/sony-kdl40r423-nszgs

If it was me going for a 42" I'd probably go the extra few quid and go for the Panasonic TXL42E6 - ok, its quite a bit extra at £569.95 / €669.99 but we can include free delivery and a 5 year warranty with that price (and we're much less expensive than most ROI retailers at that price even including the free delivery and the additional warranty).
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-txl42e6b/pana-txl42e6b-bk

If you wanted something in the middle - then the LG 42LN575 is also a cracking TV - at £499.95 / €529.99 - in spec terms it has LG's own 100Hz motion processing (as does the Sony and the Panasonic) the Pana and the LG have 3 HDMI ( The Sony has just two) but the LG has the highest USB count at 3, ( Pana 2, Sony 1) - the Pana is by far the slimmest of the trio with the LG and the Sony having almost identical dimensions..
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/42ln575v/lg-42ln575v

To be fair the Pana and the LG are significantly better specs than the Sony but then also to be fair they are more expensive..

If you wanted a left field option - I have one open box 'as new' Toshiba 47VL963 that I can clear at £569.95 / €669.99 - this is in a different league - of course to start with its a 47" against the 42" of the others - but it's also 3D AND has a built in satellite tuner! - it has a super slim bezel / surround and looks really stylish ( its a Jacob Jensen design) and it has Toshiba's 400Hz Motion processing - ( it has been used for a few days in a Customer's home whilst they were waiting for us to have their new F8000 Samsung Custom sprayed to match their décor!!! - It's perfect as new , boxed with all accessories) - have a look at the full spec here: http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/toshiba/47vl963b/tosh-47vl963

Keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 28 KBRADY

Thanks john, would probably opt for the Sony or LG rather than the other 2 tvs. I will get back on to you next week

• Company Representative Posts: 17,279 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

KBRADY wrote: »
    Thanks john, would probably opt for the Sony or LG rather than the other 2 tvs. I will get back on to you next week

Hi Kbrady,

No problem at all :)

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.