Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assetto corsa

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

When you think about it, the console versions are going to need everything that is currently lacking in the PC version of AC. IE: A better single player experience. This means better AI, a better single player campaign and so on. The console porting makes these things a bit of a priority. It also tells us the game is going to be further developed well into next year. I think overall it can only mean good things for the game and PC users.

From the sounds of things update 1.2 is inbound with some more major updates in both AI and single player, some new cars coming too from the looks of things.

I'm kind of relieved to hear of this move to be honest. It means Kunos are stuck developing this game for another year and that they're going to try and extract more from the game rather than move onto something new.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Im not the greatest driver so from a competitive point of view I couldnt hope to compete, but I would like to participate in some online races for boards members. Do you think this is something we could arrange? Maybe its its good we could make it a more regular thing.

There's some great new cars shown in that teaser video. The Ferrari F138 was a surprise to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Squidwert

ScumLord wrote: »
    There's some great new cars shown in that teaser video. The Ferrari F138 was a surprise to me.

Do you have a link for the teaser. I've not been keeping up with the news from AC lately

• Advertisement

Racedepartment are having a free race day on Monday, non-premium members can sign up and race. GT3's at Nordschleife.

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/gt3-nords-monday-15th-june-2015.106993/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

AC is 50% off tonight on steam sale, €22.49

http://store.steampowered.com/app/244210/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭.G.

Is 50% the most Steam ever gives off it?

superg wrote: »
    Is 50% the most Steam ever gives off it?

Never seen any more off it. Its only €24.99 with the DLC dream pack included, seriously great value for money.

Only time it was cheaper was when it was early access, lowest you will see for a long time.

• Advertisement

The free GT Monday might become a regular thing on Racedepartment, I didn't realise they had a raffle for a free premium membership for free members that completed the race.

It was a pretty epic race, two full grids, incredibly everyone made it around the first corner and it was a very clean race considering there were a lot of new people there. I qualified 8th and finished 3rd. I was quite proud of the fact I didn't crash once over 6 laps.

I asked a few posts ago about some of us having a race together, but nobody has replied in relation to it. Is anyone interested at all in this? I would like to improve my racing experience. Im only ever on public servers and its just woeful. I used iracing for a few months a couple of years ago and I loved the online aspect as people were so much more careful due to the penalty system. It also felt that winning wasnt the be all and end all, improving your safety rating and getting a higher licence was really rewarding. It is only the cost thats put me off as its too expensive for what it is.

With AC I have felt no real sense of anything when Im driving and as such I just hop on for a couple of laps and then go and play Battlefield 4 or Fifa as I get bored.

I'd be up for it, I don't do public servers at all. Unfortunately I'm going to have to send my pedals back for repair, the load cell is flickering, Fanatec sent me a replacement but the problem didn't really go away. If we could organise something quick I'd take part before sending back my pedals.

I'd be up for it, I don't do public servers at all. Unfortunately I'm going to have to send my pedals back for repair, the load cell is flickering, Fanatec sent me a replacement but the problem didn't really go away. If we could organise something quick I'd take part before sending back my pedals.

Well I am up for it anytime at all. Im not the fastest racer out there, far from it actually, but I think with a few pointers I could hopefully improve. The main thing is that there is a bit more fun as Ive just been rather aimlessly driving about.

Well I am up for it anytime at all. Im not the fastest racer out there, far from it actually, but I think with a few pointers I could hopefully improve. The main thing is that there is a bit more fun as Ive just been rather aimlessly driving about.
    The more the merrier too. A problem I've had with racedepartment races with few people in them is that I'm not as fast as the fast guys, so I can't keep up with them. But I'm faster than the guys behind me so I end up effectively hot lapping on my own. I seem to be in between two skill levels.

The more the merrier too. A problem I've had with racedepartment races with few people in them is that I'm not as fast as the fast guys, so I can't keep up with them. But I'm faster than the guys behind me so I end up effectively hot lapping on my own. I seem to be in between two skill levels.

Yeah exactly. In my gaming clan only 3 of us have AC as its more a clan for FPS titles.

One of them uses an xbox360 controller so is it a huge disadvantage and the other uses a T500 but is reckless as hell and always bumps into you, so much so I have to constantly shout "IM ON YOUR RIGHT!!!!!" or whatever as I know he doesnt look and just takes the racing line regardless of where others might be on the track. He is worse than the AI!

Who hosts the races if its not public? Can we host races ourselves like you could in the old days of gaming?

Bonus content revealed coming with update 1.2 in July.

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/assetto-corsa-bonus-pack-unveiled.107449/

Who hosts the races if its not public? Can we host races ourselves like you could in the old days of gaming?
    I've been having a look at the leagues section of the AC forum but I don't see any one off races, it's all preparation for leagues or hard core races of 45 laps/2 hour events.

Maybe it would just be best to find a server? I know many run a set combo.

Free bonus pack coming July !!!

The pack will consist of five cars and one track, but will be a free DLC for all Assetto Corsa owners. The Bonus Pack contains:
    Alfa Romeo Mito Quadrifoglio Verde
    Audi Sport Quattro
    Lamborghini Miura
    Nissan Nismo GT-R
    Toyota GT-86
    Circuit of Zandvoort

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/assetto-corsa-bonus-pack-unveiled.107449/

07-jpg.96542

02-jpg.96532

017-jpg.96545

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

half an hour left on the 50% off

• Advertisement

Can't wait to get the Miura back, the mod broke in one of the updates. It was one of the best sounding cars in the game. Kind of surprised to see them split the Lambos though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,273 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Free too!! Sweet. :)

Cant wait to hear what the Quattro sounds like.

Zandvoort too. :cool:

Sorry ScumLord i missed your post above :o

Dcully wrote: »
    Sorry ScumLord i missed your post above :o
    Yeah, making my post look half arsed and lazy! :pac:

Who fancies joining an empty server tonight then? Is there a boards.ie teamspeak server? I know there was for BF3 but that was ages ago I seen that.

I wouldn't be able to make it tonight, or tomorrow. But the weekend is free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,273 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Someones made The Isle of Man TT track. Looks good.

https://www.facebook.com/Assettocorsamodsitalia?fref=nf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭.G.

Back at 50% now in the encore steam sale. I've bought it with the dream pack, I bought Game Stock Car yesterday, Dirt Rally the day before and Project Cars last week! Need to get sacked from me job to have time for all this :D

The weekend is here, who is up for some Assetto Corsa Boards races?

• Advertisement

superg wrote: »
    Back at 50% now in the encore steam sale. I've bought it with the dream pack, I bought Game Stock Car yesterday, Dirt Rally the day before and Project Cars last week! Need to get sacked from me job to have time for all this :D

Best tip for ya, make sure you set your wheel up according to devs recommendations, for each individual sim, makes a massive difference.
    Oh and get cart extreme mod for GSCE, its amazing.

Advertisement