Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assetto corsa

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭thurlesdrunk

Any word on the PS4 release date for AC yet? I can't wait to finally try it.

Out the 26th August on PS4. The guys at isrtv tried the current build at E3 and said its pretty much exactly the same as the PC version which is great news. Yeah also looking forward to it, especially after seeing Gran Turismo Sport and being disappointed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Out the 26th August on PS4. The guys at isrtv tried the current build at E3 and said its pretty much exactly the same as the PC version which is great news. Yeah also looking forward to it, especially after seeing Gran Turismo Sport and being disappointed.

Except for the PC version thanks to PC hardware has options for 144hz and every res up to 4k :) trust me 144hz is mind blowingly smooth.

But yeah they said the physics which is the meat of the sim felt identical to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,053 ✭✭✭Doge

Dcully wrote: »
    Except for the PC version thanks to PC hardware has options for 144hz and every res up to 4k :) trust me 144hz is mind blowingly smooth.

But yeah they said the physics which is the meat of the sim felt identical to them.

4K resolution doesn't mean much if the game does not have 4K textures though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Doge wrote: »
    Are there not 4K textures? I remember something about 4k textures in the past. I know a lot of the mod textures are 4k.

ScumLord wrote: »
    Are there not 4K textures? I remember something about 4k textures in the past. I know a lot of the mod textures are 4k.

Im not sure tbh, I'd be surprised if the stock textures are 4K though.

Otherwise everything is just being upscaled.

• Advertisement

Btw Scumlord, someone posted a screenshot of race results in iRacing on the Sim Racers group on facebook. He came first using the Oculus Rift and said that he prefers it to any Ultra Wide screen or triple monitor setup. VR definitely seems to be improving peoples lap times, when are you going to take the plunge? ;)

Btw Scumlord, someone posted a screenshot of race results in iRacing on the Sim Racers group on facebook. He came first using the Oculus Rift and said that he prefers it to any Ultra Wide screen or triple monitor setup. VR definitely seems to be improving peoples lap times, when are you going to take the plunge? ;)
    I've been watching the new cards, I think I'll need one. I currently have a 770 and I don't think it's up to the job. I've been toying with the idea of just buying a rift, I've heard some people say it's workable on the 770.

So we have a date for The Red Pack - 14th of July.

The lambo just got teased too. There's some sort of conversation going on between AC and Richard Hammond too. I thought it might be related to this announcement but it doesn't seem to be.

ScumLord wrote: »
    The lambo just got teased too. There's some sort of conversation going on between AC and Richard Hammond too. I thought it might be related to this announcement but it doesn't seem to be.

Ever since that feature Top Gear did where Jeremy Clarkson races around Leguna Seca in Gran Turismo 4 in a Honda NSX R, and then does it with the same car in real life, I wanted them or the new series coming out to do a feature on proper Racing Sims with proper high end hardware.

Would be great to see the community get some good exposure.

• Advertisement

4k upscaled will look a lot better than 1080.

However I'm more talking about the 1440 144hz sweetspot.
    144fps @ 144hz is ten times better than 60fps @ 60hz.

The game will still be AC though :P
    I wonder will it have mod support?

Red pack comes out on July 14th. They've just announced the 2015 Ferrari F1 car is included in the pack. I was pretty shocked by that, I wasn't expecting them to get such a recent F1 car.

Prestigious acquisition to AC for sure it needs more tracks not cars.
    Compared to most other sims its really lacking in this department,i understand the process of laser scanning takes time.
    Ofcourse there are loads of modded tracks but their quality can vary from very good to poor.

Prestigious acquisition to AC for sure it needs more tracks not cars.
    Compared to most other sims its really lacking in this department,i understand the process of laser scanning takes time.
    Ofcourse there are loads of modded tracks but their quality can vary from very good to poor.
    For the most part I'm not to pushed about mods, like you say the quality can vary.

Kunos do have a couple of historic tracks in reserve. There's historic Monza with the loop, historic Silverstone and maybe Spa. I think there's a sprint version of modern monza, as well as some more variations on current track layouts.. They could be looking to bring out a historic DLC some time after the console release. I think there could be a lot of stuff being held in reserve waiting for the console release.

I would love to see some ordinary roads to compliment the road cars.

Anyone try the red pack yet?

Ya, I've been sort of stuck on the Ferrari F138, it's an amazing car. It's fairly intuitive too, as long as you can keep up with it it's not that bad to drive.

Only did a handful of laps in the SF15, it's an odd car, even the gears are odd, they don't seem to hit the rev limiter. I have to go back to that one.

The two old Maseratis are like drift machines, they want to lose the rear end constantly, even driving in a straight line.

The Maserati GT4 is actually a nice car, much nicer to drive than the Lotus 2-11.

Red bull ring is of the usual Kunos standard, it was funny having the same accidents I saw on TV a couple of weeks ago in the F1.

The Maserati 250F looks like a lot of fun.

The Maserati 250F looks like a lot of fun.
    The two old maseratis are pretty good for what they are. It's incredible how far cars have come, it can barely stay in a straight line, you have to manage it all the time, it's got little to no grip, even the seating position is odd as fup. Brakes aren't as bad as I thought they'd be. Tremendous fun, the people who drove these cars are even more nuts than the people who drove the Lotus 49, that seems like a super advanced car to drive after driving the maseratis.

Has anyone gotten to grips with the sf15? I haven't really played with the new toys yet, I'm still trying to get my head around the gears. I keep shifting up to late. It awful hard to fight the urge to let it rev out.

• Advertisement

So the SF15-T and what do I think of it?
    Well for a start its total beast but with the whole management of the power unit is just far too complicated to even care.

simulated are

•SOC: State of Charge
    •ICU: Internal Combustion Unit
    •ECU: Electronic Control Unit
    •ERS: EnergyRecovery System
    •DRS: Drag Reduction System
    •MGU-H: Motor Generator Unit-Heat
    •MGU-K: Motor Generator Unit-Kinetic

Feck it I just want to drive,ive no doubt if I bothered to learn the ins and outs and mapped everything properly to wheel or keys I may enjoy the whole world of managing everything as I drive but I really cant be arsed.
    Having said that it is a joy to drive when you just ignore all the bells and whistles of this overly advanced machine.
    I prefer the F138 but that nose is fugly as sin even when driving :)
    In fairness the top F1 mods are equally as good imo but ofcourse they are not using the new tyre model.

As for the rest of the DLC

My favourite of the pack is the 488 GTR3, I don't really like the Maserati 250F 6C or Maserati 250F 12C,that era just doesn't interest me.
    Maserati GT4 is also a nice addition.
    The A1 ring ofcourse is just stunning work from kunos once again.

Overall I can see myself enjoying maybe 2-3 cars from the pack and ofcourse the track.

Havent bought the Red pack, but man after buying the japanese pack and doing the Japanese parade race in a Supra with the AI difficulty down a bit....

the rush of overtaking all the cars at the start is awesome!

Even on my old ****ty rig the fps probably dropped below 20 but still got a rush out of it!

Cant wait to try AC on a proper rig in the futur and in VR.

AI have been improved again, they put up a much better fight now. I'm still finding it hard to find a right balance. I did the maserati race at monza on hard and just flew off into the distance. Did the T138 race at nurburgring on medium and got left for dust. The AI seems very good in some cars and useless in others.
    Having said that it is a joy to drive when you just ignore all the bells and whistles of this overly advanced machine.
    I prefer the F138 but that nose is fugly as sin even when driving :)
    In fairness the top F1 mods are equally as good imo but ofcourse they are not using the new tyre model.
    Yeah the F138 almost seems like a simplified version of the fs15. :D I do like driving the fs15, I haven't tried messing with the electric stuff yet other than hitting the boost button but even that is virtually impossible to do with my wheel. The button layout just isn't good enough to use the car properly. It is a lovely car to drive even without messing with the buttons. Changing gear at the right time is a challenge in itself. It makes max power at 10,500rpm, so you're supposed to be changing gear on the first blue light or even before it on lower gears. It's hard to remember to do that and not listen for max revs.
    My favourite of the pack is the 488 GTR3, I don't really like the Maserati 250F 6C or Maserati 250F 12C,that era just doesn't interest me.
    I did the challenge at monza and I loved it after that, it's on a knife edge the whole time but the knives edge is blunt so there's a lot of room for making adjustments. It's shocking how bad cars were back then.
    Maserati GT4 is also a nice addition.
    I was surprised with this one too.

I keep getting drawn back to the sf15 though. It's constantly rewarding in that I keep finding little improvements but I don't see how I can drive the car and do all those things at the same time, even if I had an accessible button layout, I can drive it without crashing all the time which was a surprise. It behaves just like on TV too, soft tyres need to be managed, lock ups are the devil and have obvious repercussions. It's just such an eventful car. I prefer it to the T138 for some reason.

Anyone know if there are any skins mods to run with the F1 cars instead of a grid of Ferrari`s ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭M00lers

Getting back into this again after a lengthy hiatus. It's some craic with the Rift!
    Looking at purchasing 1 or 2 of the DLCs, any recommendations?
    Thanks.

Anyone know if there are any skins mods to run with the F1 cars instead of a grid of Ferrari`s ?
    I think there are heavy restrictions on the F1 cars, I'm not sure if you can even change the skins. F1 cars aren't customer cars like the GTs, there's also some sort of restriction from the FIA due to licensing. They want to control the license for a formula 1 grid, it's ok for games to make one or two cars, but if they have a grid of individual cars it's a different license.
    Getting back into this again after a lengthy hiatus. It's some craic with the Rift!
    Looking at purchasing 1 or 2 of the DLCs, any recommendations?
    Thanks.
    Depends what you're in to. One with a track would be best. I think it was only the japanese pack that didn't come with a track.

The last pack was pretty much a formula 1 pack.

The Nordschleife would be another obvious one to get.

Really starting to dig the Ferrari SF-15T, I just use the default power unit settings then work away managine kers and dsr.

What a car, seriously what a brilliant machine to drive.
    Its one of those rare pleasures where the more you race the thing the better it gets, the more little intricacies you learn and ultimately the more fun to be had.

AI seem to be on another planet compared to most other cars so I have to drop ai back to close to 90% to have a good hard race.

Any of you try the paid mods from URD?

Quality is meant to be top class, very highly respected modding team.

• Advertisement

I bought the DRM mod ages ago, I keep forgetting I have a license for them. They gave out some free car to existing customers that I have access to and never tried.

I can't really say, it's so long since I tried them and so much has changed I couldn't say what they're like.

I'll have to install them again.

Advertisement