Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will people remember this summer ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

I won't remember this summer to be a classic like 1995 was. But I will remember it as a pretty good summer after an awful run of 6 poor if not bad summers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

RTE Fan wrote: »
    Doesn't come anywhere near 1995... 2003 lite

I suppose, weather-wise not quite 95 - but for longevity it seems closer to 95.

Interestingly, two different ways of determining a good summer are listed here... http://www.irelandsweather.com/forum/index.php?topic=3533.0 and 2003 does not feature on either list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

The Met Eireann full report for Summer 2013 is out: Warm and mostly dry with sunshine above average
    Many stations reported it as their warmest July on record. All available seasonal highest maximum temperatures were recorded in July with the season’s highest maximum was 31.0°C recorded at Dooks, Co. Kerry

Makes a nice change from the recent run of summers :)

I really enjoyed the weather this summer. So many hot days, warm days , balmy nights.. bliss. Garden looks great too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,188 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

It might not be particularly memorable for 3 months of wall-to-wall sunshine but by Irish standards it was a fantastic summer! Hot and sunny for a spell long enough to dig out the old clichés, put everyone in good form and cause a bit of a drought! Mild and bright the rest of the time to have the kids outdoors without getting either scorched or soaked in 5 mins flat. Good farming weather by all accounts (except a bit too dry at this stage) And a good spell of thundery weather to please the cell chasers!

Best summer in a long while:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Not a great summer here on the north west coast, we had two weeks of warm weather in July though half the days were ruined by sea fog, a thundery week to end the month so all in all I'd call it an above average month. Since then its just been continually cool and grey, I can't even remember the last time I saw the sun for anything more than 10 minutes, probably over three weeks at this stage

Horrible day again today which just about sums up the theme of this summer

tVdtq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Harps wrote: »
    Not a great summer here on the north west coast, we had two weeks of warm weather in July though half the days were ruined by sea fog, a thundery week to end the month so all in all I'd call it an above average month. Since then its just been continually cool and grey, I can't even remember the last time I saw the sun for anything more than 10 minutes, probably over three weeks at this stage

Horrible day again today which just about sums up the theme of this summer

tVdtq.jpg

Well, you guys up on the NW coast escaped alot of the time during the washout summers of 07-12 whereby the showers formed inland and yea were left with mostly clear blue sky right on the coast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Scaramanga 4

It was a good summer but I hate the media bs of the best summer ever when it was not.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭s.m

it was nothing like the summers of 76 or 95 they were roasters
    still it was better than the normal wash-out we,ve been accustomed to for the past 4 or 5 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Fianna Fowl

Dubs win the football, Clare the hurling and i got burnt on a number of occasions in Croker rather than drenched......just like the summer of '95

BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, let me hear you say JAYO.....:D

Great summer, one for the annals!

• Advertisement
Advertisement