Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Colleges wait for SUSI grants or expect you to pay in Sep?

Options
  • 11-07-2013 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭

So will the college wait for payment? I really couldnt afford to pay it until I received payment from SUSI. Do they usually wait or expect you to pay in Sep?
    Thanks for any info. Im attending TCD in Sep

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 melanie76c

Hi deftone

I asked the same question of SUSI and this is the reply I got:

"If your application is finalised before the closing date for college fees to be paid, then we will pay the college directly. If your application is still being processed by the time your college request your fees and you are forced to pay them, we will pay your college and it would be their responsibility to reimburse you.
    The above information is for the current academic year and there maybe changes for next years, I really can’t say for sure."

I took it that this means once you have received notification that you meet the criteria for fees to be paid, then it is up to SUSI to pay the college and that the college will accept this. It will not be your problem if they are late with payments as was the situation last year.
    Contact your admissions dept of TCD to double check, they are the best ppl to answer any queries.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

A lot of people last year had to pay the college because SUSI were so late.

Ask the college fees/grants dept

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement