Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 3 Week 15 Results

• 11-07-2013 12:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

Packers win at the Redskins but at a severe cost.

Early in the game Rodgers goes down with a dislocated elbow and is now put for six weeks.... (Words cannot describe my temptation to yank my network cable and restart against the CPU, but I didn't).

Packers sign Vince Young as their QB for the next few weeks...... What? He's ok maybe.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Wow... What a pain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Worst part was I was planning to take him out of the game at half time. Did a bit of practice with Vince Young, could be a workable solution but my very outside SB chances are now completely gone......
    Clay Matthews will be coming out of the next two games at half time once I'm winning and the same for a few other vital players.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

That's unfortunate. You could nearly play backups in your remaining games as they are all CPU I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

adrian522 wrote: »
    That's unfortunate. You could nearly play backups in your remaining games as they are all CPU I think.

I'm going to do that now for all my key players but it's too little to late. I'm glad I didn't stoop to yanking the cable though. Was soooo tempting....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Ya I lost my starting HB for 4 games(I think) versus the Bengals this week,I had the division secured so I didn't really need my starters playing.

Game finished 21-14 to the Broncos,tight game,I had no offense for 2 and a half quarters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭Guffy

Buccs 13 - 14 Giants

A tale of two halves here. Buccs took a 13-0 lead into the locker room but the giants rallied and a second td with 20 seconds left in the game gave them the w.

6 picks for the buccs d just shows how good the giants d was at breaking up the play allowing only 150 total yards against them one td and two fg's.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Rams beat the Cardinals 40-14 in a divisional grudge match.

Game got off to a horrible start for Cards QB Carvel as he threw a pick 6 within the 1st couple of plays. And things only went downhill from there as throws to Larry Fitz were gobbled up by eager Rams CB Powers who finished with 3INTs. Rams front 7 managed to pressure the QB all game and Chris Long awoke from a seemingly season long slumber to notch up 4 sacks and 4 tackles.

Not to be outdone by the defence, Bradford and co. swung into action and reeled of some good plays finishing the half 20-0 up.

A bad injury to A.J. Green in the 3rd stunted the Rams play for a while till Shady McCoy stepped up (or should that be stepped over) and ran over the Cards beleaguered defence.

Cards got off a number of good plays including a missile to Floyd who made a spectular grab in the endzone over at least 2 defenders.

Rams move onto 8-6, getting the magical 8 wins that ive been seeking since the start of the league, many moons ago.
    And with games against the Jets and Hawks to come that's all I'm going to get!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Jags go 18-0 in the AFC South in Madden 13 with a 31-10 win over the Colts.

Rock Lesnar's D has improved greatly since he started in the league, and he lead the 1st quarter 3-0 after stopping me on consecutive drives. He was also the first person to pick Tebow off more than twice this season, but it was the picks thrown by Andrew Luck that swayed the game in the Jags' favour. MJD was a beast on the ground as usual, and Justin Blackmon stepped up at WR for the injured Hakeem Nicks who will miss another 4 weeks after Dave's bounty hunting Jets did a number on himself and Russell Allen. 2 more CPU games will see out the season at 15-1 for the reg season, meaning the Jags total record for Madden 13 will be 44-4. If you said that would be the case back in October I would have laughed in your face.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yeah well done Mikey, it's been a great time in AFC South for you, none of us could get close.

Do not pick the Jags again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Yeah well done Mikey, it's been a great time in AFC South for you, none of us could get close.

Do not pick the Jags again :D

Believe me I would love to not have the Jags next year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Lions were 17 up against the 49ers when we had a disconnect. No surprise as the game had been affected by terrible lag. Ali dropped to let me play the CPU.

The CPU 49ers gave me the fright of my life, I was down 10 points in the third quarter. Romo had a fumble and 2 INT's. Best had 3 fumbles before I benched him. Washington came in had a fumble before getting injured. Then forsett came in and also had a fumble. It was completely ridiculous.

Eventually I scored a TD on an INT return, then forced a stop, ran it to get in FG range, tied it up. Next drive similar, got in FG range, couldn't convert 3rd and short, kicked the FG to go 3 up.

Then the CPU panicked threw pick after pick, which made the final score look a lot more one sided than it actually was.

The win puts me on 11-3 and I think puts me into the playoffs as a wild card team. I'm not 100% sure but if I am in the playoffs it's backups from here on out given the injuries I've had this season.

Backups.., I like that Adrian!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭davetherave

Pats win the toss and choose to get the ball.
    Nothing much happens on the opening drive though and they punt it away. Welker got hit by #24 and fumbled the ball but Gronk recovered it.

Jets come on to the field and Coleman the RB breaks it through for a 44 yard gain, but the NY offence can't finish on the drive and punt it away for a touchback.

Pats come back out, Gronk is hit on a short in and takes it to the 80 yards to the house for six points. Xp is good.

Jets have the ball at their own 20 yard line but no holes are opening for the run game at they punt it away from their 16 yard line. Mitchell the Pats return man makes some moves and runs it back to the Jets 12 yard line. Only three points come from his effort though as they settle for a field goal.

End of 1st Quarter. Pats 10 - 00 Jets

Jets get the ball following the kickoff but Coleman fumbles the ball after being hit by Mayo, Wheeler recovers for the Pats but the ruling on the field is [correctly] overturned following a booth review.

Pats punt it away, Jets punt it away and then the pats punt it away some more. Jets make a huge run up the middle but it is called back for holding.
    Jets get a field goal inside the two minute warning to make it 10-3 Pats.

Harris gets a pick for the Jets. Mike Devito the Pats DE gets two sacks on the drive and makes them try for a 56 yard field goal that is wide and short with 15 seconds left in the half.

Jets pick the ball off as time runs out.

Half time Pats 10-03 Jets.

Jets move well down the field running the ball, but fail to convert on a 3rd down and punt it away. Pats start the drive own their own 19 yard line. Cassel hits Lloyd for 4 yards, and hands off to Welker on the end around who goes 78 yards for the score. Xp is good.
    Pats 17- 03 Jets

Jets punt it away, Pats are moving well but Hurst picks it off for the second time of the day. Takes it back 55 yards. Jets ball in the redzone and they get three points out of it.

17-06 Pats at the start of the 4th.
    Pats run out a lot of clock and punt it away with 3:21 to play.
    Those silly 4th quart comebacks happen again and the Jets pass their way to six points in 2 minutes. Fail on the 2pt conversion that would have made it a one possession game.

Pats recover the onside kick and run/kneel the ball to finish things up.

Bye play offs :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭davetherave

Not entirely out of it yet. See latest thread for permutations/calculations/observations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

Ill beat the pats this week if it makes you feel any better :P

Carroller wrote: »

I'll hold you to that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Carroller wrote: »

Yes please!!!

Advertisement