Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderat - Dublin Date October??

Options
  • 11-07-2013 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭

Moderat is doing a tour round August till november, I see there is a gap between Bristol 12th October and Amsterdam 17th, could there be a possible Dublin date at the Ambassador or the Olympia theatre. Jon Hopkins has been confirmed apparently for the support,would love to see him again after his amazing performance at the Body & Soul festival. And I cannot think of a better double headliner than that.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

I'm really hoping so anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Button Factory, Monday October 14th. tickets €26 + BF, onsale tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

No hope of just Apparat by any chance? Annoyed I didn't get to see him at Primavera.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Button Factory, Monday October 14th. tickets €26 + BF, onsale tomorrow.

Any word on the rumoured Jon Hopkins supporting role?

He was awesome at Body and Soul - any opportunity to see him again would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Just checked ticketmaster online and there doesnt seem to be any tickets on sale as yet, unless they have sold out already. About Jon Hopkins, I read somewhere that he is the support for Moderat but I cannot find it now, he is definitely involved with some of their European shows though.

• Advertisement

Well I managed to snap up a ticket, they are available through Tickets.ie http://www.tickets.ie/events.aspx/search?s=moderat

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭weser777

tix in the bag!

Nice one, this looks pretty good. From the Eastern Electrics Festival in London on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Toast wrote: »
    No hope of just Apparat by any chance? Annoyed I didn't get to see him at Primavera.

So, you want the opposite of having your cake and eating it?

Some great gigs in Dublin around the Autumn time. Pity the festivals in Ireland don't have the same kind of quality all in one package.

Unfortunately Moderat and Jon Hopkins are gonna be playing the States during the Picnic but both will be at Bestival the following weekend grrrrrr :mad:
    I don't think Jon Hopkins is going to be supporting now, I emailed his booking agency and they got back to me that he was supporting them in Montreal and some European shows but not Dublin.

• Advertisement

Listening to Moderat II at the moment, very nice stuff.

jayziz, I bought a ticket for this, unaware that I bought a ticket a few weeks back for Parquet Courts in Whelans for the same night too....arrrgh!!! gonna have to do a half n half for both shows!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Any word on Jon Hopkins for this?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Haven't heard anything, he's playing Bristol on the 12th and then nothing until the 23rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Just saw them post this on facebook:
    Hi all,
    on Saturday afternoon (07.09.2013) Sascha had a motorcycle accident in Berlin. We are happy to announce that given the circumstances, Sascha and his girlfriend - who was with him at the time - are doing well.
    However, Sascha has sustained a complicated multiple leg fracture that is likely to impede his mobility greatly in the coming weeks and possibly months.
    To ensure his full recovery we will have to postpone all upcoming Moderat tour dates until January 2014.
    Tickets retain their validity.

Dublin date is now February 9th 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Anstam was due to support on the October date btw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Ah balls to that. Only bought my ticket Sunday.

Jello wrote: »
    Just saw them post this on facebook:

Dublin date is now February 9th 2014.

obviously not great for themselves in the accident, but I accidently bought tickets for this show n Parquet courts in Whelans on the same night, so means I get to see both now, instead of half n half...sweet!

Really loving this track at the moment, I canna wait to see them in February 9th in Dublin. Mild NSFW, I suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 LikeClockwork

Looking forward to this. Loved their 1st album, the 2nd one is a grower though.

• Advertisement

Moved to Vicar Street.

Do you have a link for this, have been googling and the Button Factory keeps coming up in the search results.

Do you have a link for this, have been googling and the Button Factory keeps coming up in the search results.

Aiken Promotions
    @aikenpromotions
    This will be EPIC! MODERAT (Modeslektor + Apparat) show has been moved to Vicar St on Feb 9th. Tickets on sale NOW

Aiken Promotions
    @aikenpromotions
    This will be EPIC! MODERAT (Modeslektor + Apparat) show has been moved to Vicar St on Feb 9th. Tickets on sale NOW

I hope my October ticket for the Button Factory will be valid for the Vicar St gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

As has been said, this show has been moved to Vicar Street due to exceptional demand. All tickets for the Button Factory will be valid on the night in Vicar Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Got the email there off tickets.ie to confirm the venue change. Bit disappointed, would have preferred Button Factory. Should be a great gig nonetheless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Quietyou

Ah fook, the button factory would've been a great intimate gig. Still looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Saw them in Munich over the weekend and the set was something else. The visuals and sound were incredible. Really looking forward to seeing again in Dublin with a more dancey crowd.

Advertisement