Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 20), July 12-14, 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Need at least a draw against Cork, can't see Bohs getting anything in Dundalk.

Fair play to any fans travelling long distances this weekend. It's gonna be sticky to say the least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Can get 3/1 on Shels to win at home.

If UCD can hammer us.....

After Sligo game last week we now have striker and side that look bit more creative and look like scoring.

I think we will get something from the game, hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Just cannot call it really. We seem to be ok away from home this season. Hopefully last week, beating the champions soundly, gave the confidence of being able to win against the team rock bottom. But nothing is that straight forward with CCFC. I'd take a draw and be over the moon with a win.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Not even gonna bother commenting on Bohs :(

Shels and UCD to win most likely.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Tough one to call in Tolka tomorrow. Cork get thumped by UCD then go and beat the champions. Could go either way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

We've failed to score in 13 of our 19 league games this season.

My hopes won't be too high for tomorrow night.

What odds another 0:0?*

*Edit=15/2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Way too hard to call in Tolka tomorrow, if Horgan takes his chances like he did against Sligo we're fecked! Hopefully Murtagh and/or Dean Kelly are fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Could go either way. I think how we react after the Sligo win will tell a lot, if we go back to how we've been most of this season or if it actually sees a change. Got a lot of luck in that game but Kilduff makes such a difference up front. Dennehy and Murphy suspended too, so probably Hoggie at left back, although he's never let us down there, not ideal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

What pubs near Tolka Patk have beer gardens? I know Kennedy's does, but any others like, say, the Cat and Cage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Bohs... Jesus, I don't even know anymore. Fúck it, just go 4-4-2 and try get some positive vibes for a crucial game next week.

• Advertisement

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    What pubs near Tolka Patk have beer gardens? I know Kennedy's does, but any others like, say, the Cat and Cage?

Fagan's and The Ivy House do

CCFC fans love Fagans :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

The Porterhouse would be a bit too far away, would it?

Lars1916 wrote: »
    The Porterhouse would be a bit too far away, would it?

Closer to Dalymount sure ;)

Closer to Dalymount sure ;)

Ah well, a bit of a walk on a nice summer evening is supposed to be healthy ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Derry have a big chance to take the points in Tallaght again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

dfx- wrote: »
    Derry have a big chance to take the points in Tallaght again.
    Victories for Dundalk, Sligo and Shamrock Rovers this weekend would make it very interesting at the top. Would leave just three points separating 1st and 4th.

Can get 3/1 on Shels to win at home.

If UCD can hammer us.....

After Sligo game last week we now have striker and side that look bit more creative and look like scoring.

I think we will get something from the game, hopefully.

If only I had balls to back against my own

Another poor result, though not surprising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Rubbish result for Derry tonight, but Rovers by far the better team, deserved the points.

Its all getting tight at the top for sure.

We are a team of injured players, worrying for the Trazbonspor game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

If we stay up, we really really need to sort out a statue for Johnny Mac outside the ground. Not a great performance from a depleted Shelbourne side, but Cork were still probably worse.

The 2 Lees making a huge difference. Murtagh has already outscored Philly.

• Advertisement

Knowing City this season, that was pretty unsurprising. A banner last week at the Sligo match sums the last week up. 'One Step Forward, Two Steps Back'.

****ing brutal.

Corholio wrote: »
    Knowing City this season, that was pretty unsurprising. A banner last week at the Sligo match sums the last week up. 'One Step Forward, Two Steps Back'.

****ing brutal.

Those ****ers in that corner are annoying though. Just there to be dicks and not get behind team.

Will be interesting to see a replay of the Cork offside peno incident

Great win for Dundalk this evening. Could have scored five or six. Dominant throughout. Hoban and Towell really good.

Nasty scenes at the train station after the match. Bohs and Dundalk fans going at it for about twenty mins. Gardai were on the scene pretty quickly. Was nasty atmosphere for a while. My poor car almost got glassed.

Pighead wrote: »
    Great win for Dundalk this evening. Could have scored five or six. Dominant throughout. Hoban and Towell really good.

Nasty scenes at the train station after the match. Bohs and Dundalk fans going at it for about twenty mins. Gardai were on the scene pretty quickly. Was nasty atmosphere for a while. My poor car almost got glassed.

Jesus.

Pighead wrote: »

Hope, you didn't get injured.

Anyway, that penno for Cork. From where I was standing, it looked like a penno alright, but your man fell a bit too easily imo.

Only realising after reading reports that it wasn't offside the linesman overruled it for. Will make seeing the replay all the more interesting. Not that I really need to give a ****!!!

CSF wrote: »
    Only realising after reading reports that it wasn't offside the linesman overruled it for. Will make seeing the replay all the more interesting. Not that I really need to give a ****!!!

I think, the linesman saw a dive. But I can't remember the Cork player being booked, I was watching some guys jumping on seats :(

Lars1916 wrote: »
    I think, the linesman saw a dive. But I can't remember the Cork player being booked, I was watching some guys jumping on seats :(

Kavanagh was booked alright. To be honest, don't even have the energy to argue over was it a penalty, not a penalty. We went 2-0 down to the bottom team the week after beating the champions. Nothing has changed.

• Advertisement

NIMAN wrote: »
    Rubbish result for Derry tonight, but Rovers by far the better team, deserved the points.

Its all getting tight at the top for sure.

We are a team of injured players, worrying for the Trazbonspor game.

Derry were very poor. Outside of the five minutes after halftime, they created almost nothing. Finn should've made it 3-1 or 4-1 by the end.

Big turning point was the goal and quickly afterwards, the booking of Barry Molloy. He had spent his previous three games at Tallaght kicking Finn's ankles. Getting booked and Rovers going in front let Finn have the freedom of the pitch in the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Yeah I watched it on TV and no doubt the best team won. Rovers should have won it more comfortably.

That looks like a pretty debilitating defeat for Bohs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Does anybody think Dundalk might actually win it? Seem to be great at bouncing back from poor results and Hoban looks like he can get goals for them? I think Pats will fade, Rovers might go on a good run but their a bit behind and Sligo have the squad but don't seem to be too up for it this year. Derry and Dundalk to duel out like the old days??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

justshane wrote: »
    Does anybody think Dundalk might actually win it? Seem to be great at bouncing back from poor results and Hoban looks like he can get goals for them? I think Pats will fade, Rovers might go on a good run but their a bit behind and Sligo have the squad but don't seem to be too up for it this year. Derry and Dundalk to duel out like the old days??

Probably will now that Rico ruled them out completely

Well they have 3 points on a plate this coming Friday again anyway.

Can't comment on our game. My buddy is fuming saying Shells first came from a free that was never and that pen incident. Only excuses though. We are a poor side who have given Shells 1/4 of their total this season.

Dundalk and SPA next. Woo

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote: »

Can't comment on our game. My buddy is fuming saying Shells first came from a free that was never and that pen incident. Only excuses though. We are a poor side who have given Shells 1/4 of their total this season.

Definitely not three points on a plate. We're missing two of our best players through suspension for the game. Towell, our best player misses out while Boyle who has been a rock at the back won't be there either.

At least we brought in a few new bodies last week. Hopefully they can slot into the team.

Think we're going down. Absolute dirt last night. I can count on one hand the amount of attempts we had on goal. Simply not good enough. I think we're stuck with Callaghan regardless of what happens but I just can't defend the man anymore.

That Dundalk announcer was loving sticking the knife in too. Wouldn't dare tell us what score the Shels game was at half time but gleefully told us towards the end of the game. :rolleyes:

Dundalk by far the better team and shat all over us. Couldn't deal with them at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Is Callaghan still getting sent off these days?

Is Callaghan still getting sent off these days?

Nope. Heary this week. :rolleyes:

We're ****ed

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see a replay of the Cork offside peno incident

Mental, firstly everyone in the New Stand thought it was offside that was given (was yards off).
    gimmick wrote: »

Hope your obsession with us keeps going, "IFHS" was trending in Cork on Twitter yesterday. You find shells on the beach, not on the football pitch, dire attempt at WUMing, Ccoorrkkiiee!

We're ****ed

Awful performance. Can't support Callaghan anymore. The tide has definitely turned on him now. I'm not really sure if Heary would be the quick fix either.

But those lands from Cork had a great and funny hymnsheet last night, some references about AM. Ain't they funny? :D

That_Guy wrote: »
    Awful performance. Can't support Callaghan anymore. The tide has definitely turned on him now. I'm not really sure if Heary would be the quick fix either.

Alan Mathews? :P

Yep, 'There's only one Alan Mathews' to quote them. And the passion in their voice and faces. Unbelievable, they must really like good old Alan M. :D

I'd be gobsmacked if the board went for him.

Like us with Matthews, Bohs are completely reliant on Callaghan quitting himself. And like us with Matthews, I don't think they've much chance of getting him out until the second season of wanting him out (unless he is out of contract at the end of the season, is he?)

Praying Bohs don't change manager anyway, every chance a new face could turn them around, like Johnny Mac has with us

What is the difference McDonnell has made?

Stable starting eleven..defensive formation...more attacking formation...instilling discipline.

In his first game in Tallaght, he was trying to get players to stop arguing with the referee and concentrate on getting back in line and getting on with it..

dfx- wrote: »
    What is the difference McDonnell has made?

Stable starting eleven..defensive formation...more attacking formation...instilling discipline.

In his first game in Tallaght, he was trying to get players to stop arguing with the referee and concentrate on getting back in line and getting on with it..

Discipline has been key. No sendings off. I imagine he commands alot more respect than Mathews, and is actually a decent human being which makes the lads want to play for him. That, and his team selections, signings and tactics have been spot on so far.

Hope your obsession with us keeps going, "IFHS" was trending in Cork on Twitter yesterday. You find shells on the beach, not on the football pitch, dire attempt at WUMing, Ccoorrkkiiee!

Roflcopterz

• Advertisement
Advertisement