Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Aragon MotoGP

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Yeah point taken (both of you)
    I have two teenage sons learning to ride at the moment and it scares the crap out of me when I'm behind and watching the eldest trying to give it Dixie when the conditions are all wrong
    Even seasoned chaps like yourselves need to check your comfort zones every once in a while. I know that if my daughter is riding pillion, it's a very different feeling
    Anyway good luck to you both and just in case you think you've seen it all have a google of 'Canadian woman stops for ducks'

I spent that last 2 years commuting 120 miles a day, 4 days a week solely on a motorbike. I have riden my bikes in all kinds of weather, including the storms that we had last winter. I have driven on country roads and had sheep dive on my motorbike. I have witnessed the worst that Irish roads and drivers can throw at a motorcyclist and i take it.

However for you to come along and say that my riding style is wrong, I do take exception. That video was done on the french side of the Pyrenees and yes the roads were damp but the only ticket I would have got is one for possibly being a tad slow. I never went over 40 kph. I can still recall that Monday as if it were yesterday. It rained once for 5 minutes and in most places the roads were dry, I cut that video to show sections I do like
    If your son is causing you concerns then don't blame me if he decides to ride like fixed, I don't nor do I appreciate being tarnished.
    I have taken my son and my daughter as pillion and I still ride the same way. And at 51 I have not seen it all, because around every corner there always something new and challenging
    If your teenage son is riding on a manner that causes you concerns then I suggest you sit down with him and advise him

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Pollywobbles

Duly noted and apologies if you felt upset
    Good luck with the Iron Butt

Advertisement