Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football/ soccer clubs in Greystones.

Options
  • 11-07-2013 8:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Well lads, I'm just after moving up to greystones and im not from this side of the country at all. I'm looking to join a club for the new season. just wondering what clubs are there in greystones and what levels/ teams do they have?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭wardie214

Greystones Utd. is one option. They have teams at all levels up to and including Over 35.

http://gufc.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Greystones AFC play in the top tier of the Leinster Senior League (Intermediate Football) that about as high a standard as it gets before league of Ireland. There is also Three Trout Rovers as well that play on the astro near Charlesland Golf Club although that standard would be a lower level, they play in the UCL.

Kilcoole has a team also I think and there are loads in Bray.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭mirrorball

The Greystones United Over 35s and the Wicklow League Div 3 squads train together at the club artificial pitch in Woodlands every Wednesday night at 9pm.
    The over 35s team play in the Amateur League in Dublin. We've just started training again and new players are always welcome - if nothing else you can go along to get an idea of the standard.
    The next level up from us at the club would be the United Churches League team and then the Leinster Senior League teams. The first team have won promotion the last nine years and I think are now just a single division below Greystones AFC in the Leinster Senior League.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 joxxer

mirrorball wrote: »
    The Greystones United Over 35s and the Wicklow League Div 3 squads train together at the club artificial pitch in Woodlands every Wednesday night at 9pm.
    The over 35s team play in the Amateur League in Dublin. We've just started training again and new players are always welcome - if nothing else you can go along to get an idea of the standard.
    The next level up from us at the club would be the United Churches League team and then the Leinster Senior League teams. The first team have won promotion the last nine years and I think are now just a single division below Greystones AFC in the Leinster Senior League.

Thanks for the replies. im just gone 27 so id be looking to train with the div 3 squad probably. is there anyone I can get in touch with?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭mirrorball

PM Sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Sella

Hi,

There is a team that play in Charlesland called 'three trout rovers fc' which were set up three years ago, and play in the UCFL div 3. They are a good bunch of lads from across the country, and the focus is on a freindly bunch of lads getting together and playing some ball, without the egos and politics that usually come with amateur football. You can drop us an email at threetroutrovers at gmail.com, and i'll let you know our training nights etc.

Cheers

Advertisement