Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wisteria questions

• 11-07-2013 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

Does anyone have a wisteria?

I am wondering what the best support would be? I really don't want to use the house walls as support.

It's a mature wisteria. It's beautiful. I've googled images of pergolas and arches but nothing has jumped out at me. I can get something made either wood/metal, my brother has kindly offered if I can give him a picture/drawing of what I want.

Any ideas?

Edited to add, its approximately 9 feet tall

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭rje66

Does anyone have a wisteria?

I am wondering what the best support would be? I really don't want to use the house walls as support.

It's a mature wisteria. It's beautiful. I've googled images of pergolas and arches but nothing has jumped out at me. I can get something made either wood/metal, my brother has kindly offered if I can give him a picture/drawing of what I want.

Any ideas?

Edited to add, its approximately 9 feet tall

To get the best from wisteria, that is a good display of flowers hanging down ftom laterally trained branches, it is best to train onto a good sized wall .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Pic of the Wisteria just flowering.

Trained up and held on that wall via rows of galvanised wire

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭countrywoman

Thanks for posting rje66 and paddy. I really don't kilt the idea of having it grow onto house walls.

Thanks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭countrywoman

Have decided to get my brother to build a pergola. Have a design picked. Think it will look fabulous

Advertisement