Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet issue

Options
  • 11-07-2013 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭

Hey , I'm working in a tech support job and for the past three to four months the internet and support console we use has been slowing down and completely crashing intermittently every day. I've complained to the manager and the IT staff go through the motions re-image my computer and say they'll look into it , it's a complete joke at this stage. I asked the other staff and it's the same with them so it's not just down to my computer. The job is largely dependent on accessing information from databases and the public internet also and the company the contract is for is a very well known technology company. Shouldn't a company have a legal obligation to provide adequate resources and equipment with which to do the job?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

Slow internet is so frustrating, especially when your job depends on it.

I don't imagine that there's any legal obligation on them to provide adequate resources/equipment - especially if it's private sector, where they companies don't really have an obligation to anyone except for the shareholders. It may make terrible business sense, but it's their own call at the end of the day. Also consider that management may have their departmental budgets tied up until the new quarter/FY.

Anyway, do continue bringing it up, particularly if any comments are made regarding your own personal performance/productivity. Try to bring it up in a positive way, referencing the impact but focusing on the benefits of an investment in fixing/upgrading the infrastructure (if only because you increase the chances of it being actioned!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭Seanachai

I'll definitely keep bringing it up , I was going to organise a petition but it might bring too much heat.The internet in the rec room is fine so there's no excuse for it. Thanks for the advice.

Advertisement