Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happens at first meeting?

Options
  • 11-07-2013 10:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Hi, don't mean this to be an aa or recovery post, I just want to ask a question of people who have been to aa. Not advice on whether to go or not, just wonder what happens at my first meeting.

Will I have to speak? Will there be women and men there? Will there be people there who are not alcoholics? Very nervous about it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

As far as I'm aware you won't have to speak. This is only second hand info though. I'm sure someone more qualified than me will be along soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Bench Press

you don't have to say anything if you don't want to, maybe just your first name depending on the person chairing it and the size of the meeting, as they just go around the room asking people to share sometimes

Advertisement