Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Papa Gino's

• 11-07-2013 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Is this same Papa Gino's that was there in late 80's early 90's

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

Yup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Si :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Same window display, same "decor", same world class awesome pizza and same legend of a man behind the counter.

Best pizza in Limerick hands down.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭loverslane

Was the best pizza back then too - used to queue for ages after the pub. In Limerick next week for Springsteen and will definitely be making a trip :-)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

hightower1 wrote: »
    Same window display, same "decor", same world class awesome pizza and same legend of a man behind the counter.

Best pizza in Limerick hands down.

Where is this wondrous place?! :eek:

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Is this the place in Denmark Street? I've never dared go in there because of the dodgy painting on the window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Louche Lad wrote: »
    Is this the place in Denmark Street? I've never dared go in there because of the dodgy painting on the window.

Don't be afraid of the paint, delicious things await you inside.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Pizza is nice but so slow and he's bit grumpy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

.....and make sure you get plenty of pepper on it.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

bigpink wrote: »

Grumpy ???? I allways found him very friendly and hillariously funny..

• Advertisement

He is friendly but a bit grumpy if gets a rush.Place could make a fortune

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

bigpink wrote: »

Only if he takes a dislike to ya. :)

If he takes a liking to a person he is great fun to have some banter with, but once he takes a dislike to a person he tends to be fairly short with them and very obvious about it. He cannot stand a mate of mine, and when I asked him about it, he said it was because my mate looked like someone he knew decades ago.

But if you like Westerns and Ennio Morricone, he tends to like ya.

His pizzas are the best in Limerick imho, and I no problem with how long they take as it is all done by hand, and very little is the pre made crap the fast food style pizzerias serve up.

His daughter also had a stab at being a musician/pop star about 8 years ago and even released a few singles and possibly an album.

He is a proper local based character imho, and any man who has fed me free pizza for throwing drunks out of his shop is ok on the Kessometer.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭BobMc

great for a bit of a chat if your nice and friendly, haven't been in a while though, great pizzas, cousins from canada visited (I mentioned this before) and after few pints dragged them into Papas, great chat while we waited he chatted to the lads visiting where you staying etc., offered to drive us home in his taxi, closed up shop and all, made money on the pizzas and on the fare home, legend altogether

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Would I get extra special treatment if I went in and spoke some language from the "old country"...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

seachto7 wrote: »
    Would I get extra special treatment if I went in and spoke some language from the "old country"...?

Only if you are from there. Would imagine anything else could be made with a Papa glare. :D

If he's from Rome, I could enter using some of the Roman dialect. Sure to get me some extra toppings!

I spent some time in the old boot...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Go in with a Juve top and he'll hug you, never wear a milan top going in there.

Alora grazie. A Juve supporter? He's obviously not from Turin then. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Ahh No....just out the Ennis Road. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Wallack

What is the exact address? Google seems to give me two different addresses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

Wallack wrote: »
    What is the exact address? Google seems to give me two different addresses.

According to Facebook, it's Denmark Street.

(And I'm so fancying a pizza right now):P

Damn

Now all I want is a nice Papa Gino's Pizza... Anyone know what time he opens and if I can preorder ? Will be driving in from Croom for it !!!

Still delicious and still a nice guy..

Well worth the drive...

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭loverslane

Can't wait !!! Been over 20 years but so looking forward to a bit of nostalgia :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭EMTFlynn

Very Nice pizza.

His daughter is still trying to make it in the music business. She has a few video's on youtube Raquel Rocca is her name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Awesome pizza, sound fella, and make sure you say yes to the pepper.
    Went to college in ul and loved them. Went back a fews years ago with some younger friends, brought them to papa ginos, they nearly baulked at the door as to be fair it's a bit tacky on the outside.

All loved their pizzas thought they were excellent. Brought my kids to it as well Unfortunatly himself wasn't there that night. Pizzas were still great and would def be my first port of call for a great feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Beaver1

nice guy and best [pizza in town by a country mile, never found him grumpy, actually the opposite

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭OldGuysRule

Always take the pepper if offered.. . . . .

Whats the deal about the pepper?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Its a special mix !!

Advertisement