Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can i exchange dollars for Euro?

Options
  • 11-07-2013 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

I have 120$ that I need to change - I was told by some banks that they wont accept a $100 bill - is it possible to change this in Bank of Ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi brennra,

Thank you for your post.

We would suggest contacting any of our bank branches where a representative will be happy to confirm if this is possible.

Generally as a rule the branch will exchange $100 bills once they are assured of the authenticity of the note, therefore it is at the banks own discretion whether this can be cashed or not. 
    For non Bank of Ireland customers you must produce your passport for verification purposes.

Please see here for our branch locator to assist you.

Thanks,

Paula C

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭daheff

For non Bank of Ireland customers you must produce your passport for verification purposes.

Why are non customers required to be verified? My understanding of KYC is that it is for ongoing relationships for amount that may be greater than 12500 EUR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

daheff wrote: »
    Why are non customers required to be verified? My understanding of KYC is that it is for ongoing relationships for amount that may be greater than 12500 EUR
    Hi daheff,

For certain transactions we require additional information.

Thanks

Seán

Advertisement