Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To register or not (PRTB)?

Options
  • 11-07-2013 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭

Quick question: my tenants are finishing up their lease in a month. They are currently registered with the PRTB. One of them has contacted me, to ask my the following:

He wants to continue the tenancy. He is prepared to pay rent in full. He's having his wife over for 2 months, and after the 2 months will wish to find someone to move in with him and start a year lease.

So, considering I still haven't heard back from the PRTB for the original tenancy (the past 5 months), I'm wondering is there any point in registering him and his wife for 2 months, then registering him and "a friend" there after? ...or do I just leave well enough alone until the wife is gone, and just register him and "his friend"??

I'm thinking the latter is the more practical choice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Its €90 (or whatever registration costs) for two months, then the same again; Id say leave well enough alone. If anyone asks, you have agreed to let him sublet to his wife for the couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Actually good point. Do I even need to reregister him at this point? Ok, the other tenant has moved out, but he's still there, happy to pay the difference, happy to continue as is.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I wouldn't have thought so to be honest as I would see it as a continuation of the same tenancy.
    It is an interesting question though. In the case of a house with rolling tenants where each person rents a room how is the tenancy registered? It surely does not need to be updated everytime someone moves in or out?

Advertisement