Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

blueface phones locked?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

durtybit wrote: »
    Ignore the above I don't think that's relevant. I had to reconfigure my soft phone on the iphone so something has changed. Bria softphone on my PC will not connect now either after re configuring.

Can make calls with the iPhone Zoiper so ports are working. I need to call Blueface again in the morning.

Can you post a screenshot of the current configuration blocking out the username & password?

Is this on a business network that something might be blocking the port 5060? Who's your BB provider?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭durtybit

Mr. G wrote: »
    Can you post a screenshot of the current configuration blocking out the username & password?

Is this on a business network that something might be blocking the port 5060? Who's your BB provider?

Non business line, it working on the iPhone app Zoiper so the ports are working

Vodafone is the ISP

I will PM you the screenshot as I am unable to

Mod edit:
    327114.JPG

Non business line, it working on the iPhone app Zoiper so the ports are working

Vodafone is the ISP

I will PM you the screenshot as I am unable to

Mod: No problem - I've edited your post to include the screenshot now - You can edit it and remove it if you prefer it not to be here, but I don't see anything private about what's on the screenshot anyway.

Vodafone block VoIP on mobile 3G/4G broadband, but not on Vodafone ADSL/VDSL connections.

You need to set the Proxy Server Address, Presence Server Address & Outbound Proxy Server Address to cust.ie.blueface.com. Do let us know how you get on.

Mod: No problem - I've edited your post to include the screenshot now - You can edit it and remove it if you prefer it not to be here, but I don't see anything private about what's on the screenshot anyway.

Vodafone block VoIP on mobile 3G/4G broadband, but not on Vodafone ADSL/VDSL connections.

You need to set the Proxy Server Address, Presence Server Address & Outbound Proxy Server Address to cust.ie.blueface.com. Do let us know how you get on.

Thanks! My iPhone app is working which leads me to believe the ports are not an issue.
    Also "the Proxy Server Address, Presence Server Address & Outbound Proxy Server Address " I didn't have to enter these on the same app. When I do fill in those spaces on the Panasonic Phone "registering" status goes away which I believe means that nothing should be in those fields?

Thanks! My iPhone app is working which leads me to believe the ports are not an issue.
    Also "the Proxy Server Address, Presence Server Address & Outbound Proxy Server Address " I didn't have to enter these on the same app. When I do fill in those spaces on the Panasonic Phone "registering" status goes away which I believe means that nothing should be in those fields?

1) Try to reboot the phone and see if it registers.

2) Try making a call. It should work. If it doesn't, try removing the cust.ie.blueface.com from the Presence Server and try from step 1.

The phone should be registered with Blueface then.

3) Try sip.blueface.ie instead of cust.ie.blueface.com if that fails.

4) Could you post a screenshot of your status page and line 1 config page if this doesn't work? The phone should just register and that should be that. There is no need to forward any port from your router at all. It's not recommended.

• Advertisement

1) Try to reboot the phone and see if it registers.

2) Try making a call. It should work. If it doesn't, try removing the cust.ie.blueface.com from the Presence Server and try from step 1.

The phone should be registered with Blueface then.

3) Try sip.blueface.ie instead of cust.ie.blueface.com if that fails.

4) Could you post a screenshot of your status page and line 1 config page if this doesn't work? The phone should just register and that should be that. There is no need to forward any port from your router at all. It's not recommended.
    Trying another router later, won't register at all

You might have SPI firewall on which is known to cause issues. It should just work though.

Thanks for all your help!

I have jacked blueface as they are unwilling to help, fobbing me off with callbacks and emails with no instructions other than "did you put your password in"

I set up a goldfish account and was configured and connected within 20 minutes without having to call a soul.

I have been a long time customer of blueface and will now be closing my account as they are no longer customer friendly, the site used to have a help page for configuring devices which I see has gone. sad to see a company go that way.

Thanks for all your help!

I have jacked blueface as they are unwilling to help, fobbing me off with callbacks and emails with no instructions other than "did you put your password in"

I set up a goldfish account and was configured and connected within 20 minutes without having to call a soul.

I have been a long time customer of blueface and will now be closing my account as they are no longer customer friendly, the site used to have a help page for configuring devices which I see has gone. sad to see a company go that way.

Must have been a Blueface issue so. All you would need to do is change the username, password and SIP server to the Blueface ones (from Goldfish ones) and it would work.

I'd be interested to see what was causing that, since Blueface supply those phones so they must be compatible.

Goldfish are quite good from what I hear, although Blueface haven't had any downtime recently (other than a week ago with maintenance early on a bank holiday which was given notice), so they have started to have gotten their act together.

Must have been a Blueface issue so. All you would need to do is change the username, password and SIP server to the Blueface ones (from Goldfish ones) and it would work.

Not so sure about that as some of the ports are configured differently.

I have been usin the service all day from goldfish and the quality is great.

Blueface need to get their act together. I know for a fact they aren't giving half the details needed to configure the phone. They aren't making profit on the phones they sell then what's the big deal me buying my own.
    All they had to do was send me the config screen from one of their phones and I would have had all the direction I needed. Unless they configure those phones differently

• Advertisement

Not so sure about that as some of the ports are configured differently.

I have been usin the service all day from goldfish and the quality is great.

Blueface need to get their act together. I know for a fact they aren't giving half the details needed to configure the phone. They aren't making profit on the phones they sell then what's the big deal me buying my own.
    All they had to do was send me the config screen from one of their phones and I would have had all the direction I needed. Unless they configure those phones differently

The phones they sell are locked down using a provisioning server. I suppose people are more likely to stay with them as it is cheaper than buying another phone, hence why they are cheap.

Their T&C's state that they only support hardware they sell. The phones they sell are configured to pull a config file from a provisioning server (from what I can see) and that config file connects the phone to the account. Although still, since they are looking at those phones every day, they should be able to tell you where you went wrong. The fact that they were with Goldfish means that it's not the phone or connection that's the problem (unless port 5060 and 5061 is blocked on your network, which on a Vodafone landline it wouldn't be).

For them, it's easier to have the same equipment in terms of support. There is a vast range of VoIP equipment out there especially when you look at PBX systems, e.g. Asterisk, Nortel, Avaya etc. all work differently.

Let me know how you get on over the next few months. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 emagination

Hi there... anyone have a definitive solution to this??

Just subscribed to blueface, account all set up and ready to go. Moving into a new office with 10 x Panasonic KX-UT123 already in place. Blueface refuse point-blank to give any support or assistance to configure this phones. Not happy with this at all (but that's another matter).

I can get into the web admin panel for each and understand the concepts. I have tried every combination of settings etc but still stays as 'registering' without connecting.

Voiper softphone on the laptop on the same network works fine using basic settings.

I want to rule out a local firewall problem, can anyone provide a screen grab with a working configuration to compare to mine please (Panasonic hardware)???

Thanks in advance...

Peter

wexpin wrote: »
    we have a reasonably sized blueface account with a number of phones which we bought over the last 2 years from them. We are now setting up another business and using a VOIP service from another supplier, given that we have spare VOIP phones from blueface we assumed we would just be able to repoint them to the new provider, but it now appears that BF remove all admin access from the phones so you cannot do this. Now, I don't really know about the legal side of doing something like this, - we obviously own the hardware! but before I go down that route, is it possible to do a factory reset or something to overide? The factory reset menu option has alo been removed from the phone, its a Panasonic KX-UT113.
    I wouldn't mind but we were happy with the BF experience but their refusal to accomodate us here is pretty much making me decide to close our other account with them, so by being stubborn they are going to lose my account!

Yep I have had an account for years, basically asked me did I want to close my account then rather than helping me. I went with goldfish and never looked back.

Can you post a screenshot of your current config as mentioned above, blurring out your personal info?

Also, have you tried doing a full factory reset and configuring it with another provider in the same format?

Who is your ISP?

Issues with the Panasonic phones on Blueface aren't new. Honestly, if they're not going to support you toss them in the water. Makes no sense otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Rgb.ie

I picked one of these phones up recently ( Panasonic KX-UT133X ) and it appeared to be locked down. Pretty easy to get around.

1). Open Settings
    2). Hit #136
    3). Select Factory Reset
    4). Remove network cable from LAN Port ( not PC port )
    5). Hit Yes
    6). Hit Yes again
    7). Wait
    8). Connection should fail .. go into Setup
    9). Change network config, from dhcp to static
    10). Assign a static address ( ex 192.168.1.200 ) and use a dummy default gateway ( ie 192.168.1.25 )
    11). Enable web port
    12). Login to the phone ( default user: admin default pass: adminpass )
    13). Click on Maintenance tab
    14). Click on Provisioning Maintenance and select NO and hit SAVE
    15). Download the recent and CORRECT firmware from Panasonic ( panasonic.net/pcc/support/sipphone/download/UT1/others.html ) - check the sticker under phone for correct model
    16). Go back into Maintenance and upload the firmware via Local Firmware
    17). Reboot, re-enable web port and configure the phone as need be

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Rgb.ie wrote: »
    I picked one of these phones up recently ( Panasonic KX-UT133X ) and it appeared to be locked down. Pretty easy to get around.

If you do a factory reset does it get lock again or does it get lock?

nava wrote: »
    If you do a factory reset does it get lock again or does it get lock?

I don't believe so as you have deleted the details for the provisioning server to download the config

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

I don't believe so as you have deleted the details for the provisioning server to download the config

The reason I was asking is I have a Grandstream h701 that did similar as you above, but if I do a reset it gets lock to the provider and cannot enter the Admin screen.

The steps I need to follow after each reset are similar to yours.

Download latest firmware from official website.
    Disconnect from Internet (but leave on network)
    Reset
    Enter phone Ip address on broswer
    Enter Admin
    Upload latest firmware
    Restart phone
    Configure sip settings
    Change Admin Sip password
    Connect to internet

But if I do a reset again it will lock again, I would need to do the above steps again.

nava wrote: »
    The reason I was asking is I have a Grandstream h701 that did similar as you above, but if I do a reset it gets lock to the provider and cannot enter the Admin screen.

The steps I need to follow after each reset are similar to yours.

Download latest firmware from official website.
    Disconnect from Internet (but leave on network)
    Reset
    Enter phone Ip address on broswer
    Enter Admin
    Upload latest firmware
    Restart phone
    Configure sip settings
    Change Admin Sip password
    Connect to internet

But if I do a reset again it will lock again, I would need to do the above steps again.

I must try RGB's instructions and will let you know how I get on.

With regard to the Grandstream, there must be a provisioning server set up to pull the config from the provider somewhere on the web gui.

• Advertisement

Rgb.ie wrote: »

1). Open Settings
    2). Hit #136
    3). Select Factory Reset
    4). Remove network cable from LAN Port ( not PC port )
    5). Hit Yes
    6). Hit Yes again
    7). Wait
    8). Connection should fail .. go into Setup
    9). Change network config, from dhcp to static
    10). Assign a static address ( ex 192.168.1.200 ) and use a dummy default gateway ( ie 192.168.1.25 )
    11). Plug in the network cable
    12). Enable web port
    13). Login to the phone ( default user: admin default pass: adminpass )
    14). Click on Maintenance tab
    15). Click on Provisioning Maintenance and select NO and hit SAVE
    16). Download the recent and CORRECT firmware from Panasonic ( panasonic.net/pcc/support/sipphone/download/UT1/others.html ) - check the sticker under phone for correct model
    17). Go back into Maintenance and upload the firmware via Local Firmware
    18). Reboot, re-enable web port and configure the phone as need be

Hope this helps

I can confirm the above works as I have tried it. Just one thing changed above.

Regarding the configuration of the Panasonic UT-series phones, here is how to set it up from the default settings. This might be useful for posters who are having difficulty configuring these phones. However, it is surprisingly simple to configure them.

Login to the web interface using admin/adminpass.
    Click the VoIP tab on the top menu
    Click Line 1 under SIP Settings
    Enter the SIP username as Phone Number
    Registrar server and proxy server should be the sip server (e.g. sip.goldfish.ie,cust.ie.blueface.com, PBX IP Address). The port is 5060 for most providers, you ca use 8060 for Goldfish.
    Authentication ID is the SIP username
    Authentication Password is the SIP password
    Click Yes to Enable DNS SRV lookup
    Everything else can be left as default.
    Click Status > VoIP Status > You should see Line 1 is Registered.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭jayo2004

I have the Panasonic tgp550 from Blueface.I had it unlocked but over the weekend I had to reset it and connect it back to Blueface ( was connected to freepbx). Got my freepbx server back up and running and went to unlock phone again but the admin and adminpass username and password no longer works. Does anyone know what username and password Blueface are putting on phones now. I contacted them but they want 50 quid to unlock it

jayo2004 wrote: »
    I have the Panasonic tgp550 from Blueface.I had it unlocked but over the weekend I had to reset it and connect it back to Blueface ( was connected to freepbx). Got my freepbx server back up and running and went to unlock phone again but the admin and adminpass username and password no longer works. Does anyone know what username and password Blueface are putting on phones now. I contacted them but they want 50 quid to unlock it

Just do it again via the instructions above?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Counsellor Dublin

Great advice about Panasonic tgp550, I have to try this with my own

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Counsellor Dublin

wow thanks I've tried it and it works, thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Tried this on a Panasonic KX-TGP550 and can't get past the first step.

Entered the menu, pressed # and it says "Enter Direct no.:_ _ _"
    entered 136

Got 3 beeps and it ignored me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

SpaceTime wrote: »
    Tried this on a Panasonic KX-TGP550 and can't get past the first step.

Entered the menu, pressed # and it says "Enter Direct no.:_ _ _"
    entered 136

Got 3 beeps and it ignored me.

Did you go into Settings in the menu?

Did you go into Settings in the menu?

It doesn't have a "settings" menu

There's a soft key for "Menu" and a sub menu called "Initial Settings".

I tried entering it having hit "Menu" and it at least shows a dialogue on the screen, but the function's locked out as it just returns "beep beep beep"

Other direct entry commands work like #501 shows the IP address.

wow thanks I've tried it and it works, thanks again

Where did you go to do this on your system? Might help SpaceTime..

• Advertisement

The main base handset.

It's the one with the desk phone.

Advertisement