Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just found the mythical other SF community!

Options
  • 11-07-2013 2:09pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Without knowing it, Sai recently sent me on a quest to find the rarely spotted second Irish SF scene. Rumour had it they were located in Galway and ran regular tournaments.

Turns out it's true. They play every Monday in the Cellar Bar in Salthill for cash. They have their own facebook group. I don't know if they even know of anyone. One of them ran into Gouke the other day and seemed to think he was the only other SF player out there!

I'm off Monday and tuesday. I'm kinda considering going down and seeing how good they are...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Oh my god we have a potential naturally occurring East coast/West coast rivalry now.

G'wan the Doom. Declare war with your sonic booms.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Link to the facebook group?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

https://www.facebook.com/groups/347789212009819/

They post Sf vids to each other all the time, threw a few of mine in their in the hope they'd be inspired into wanting to participate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

The folklore was true!?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

A WILD FGC APPEARED!

Just found out about these lads a few, weeks ago and headed on down to check them out. Lovely bunch, and the two times I showed up, I had a blast hanging with them. Couldn't believe this had been going on forever, and I never knew. There seems to be all types of skill levels involved too- good players, not so good players, and else in between- which keeps things interesting.

Also, it's not the Cellar Bar, it's the Cottage bar. It's a bit of a walk from town, but it's well worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

this reminds me of the tv show "Lost"... when they found out they are not alone on the island...

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

ladnopoka wrote: »
    this reminds me of the tv show "Lost"... when they found out they are not alone on the island...

Ladno that is probably the best analogy I have ever heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭jimmypenguin

but isnt dublin really far from galway.. how would you get here..

if anyone wants to come down.. and needs a place to stay.. just ask me..
    its a great night.. more about meeting people and having fun then anything else..
    hopefully see ye over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

ladnopoka wrote: »

for **** sake you could have put up a spoiler alert :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

Well they kept themselves well hidden I didn't even know there was another street fighter player in the county.

we all play dan..

i was surprised at how many heads sterted to come out of the woodwork.. and i know of a few heads that still havent even come down that are apparantly pretty decent..

Advertisement