Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best beach in Dublin area for sunbathing

Options
  • 11-07-2013 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

I am taking tomorrow off to go to the beach, since who knows when we will get such temps again?

My priorities are sunbathing, swimming and ease of location, since I will be using public transport to get there from city centre.

Is Dollymount strand good? What about Sandycove?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Sandycove will be packed

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Everywhere will be packed! :)

Sutton's on the Dart, Burrow Beach on Burrow Road is good. Careful swimming through, currents can be strong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Everywhere will be packed, and overrun with skobes.

I like Sandycove, cause you can lie on the grass rather than the beach (I hate sand), but it gets absolutely wedged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Which is the best Dublin beach for swimming?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Which is the best Dublin beach for swimming?

South side - forty foot
    North side - Bull Island - over wooden bridge on the port side you can swim parallel to the wall.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

South side - forty foot
    North side - Bull Island - over wooden bridge on the port side you can swim parallel to the wall.

For me the best on the North side, and probably in Dublin, is Donabate.
    Always very clean and never packed with gangs of teenagers

Advertisement