Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Research Council - Progress Reports

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Historia

I rang today and its scheduled to be transferred on Friday apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭k_tos

Historia wrote: »
    I rang today and its scheduled to be transferred on Friday apparently

Hey historia; You get paid today? Issue with mine it seems:(

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Historia

I did. The money cleared on Monday for me. I did hear there was some issues if you are BOI this week for some reason.

Historia wrote: »
    I did. The money cleared on Monday for me. I did hear there was some issues if you are BOI this week for some reason.

Thanks alot! I rang Finance, and it seems I've been hit by the BOI, the electronic payment was made by UCC. Just a bit ancy as I've had no update on the report yet, and have had an issue securing a replacement research visit; the logical side of my head said the IRC would raise questions before cutting the payment but ya never know!

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭candle_wax

Hi guys,
    Sorry to hijack this thread I just have a question for those of you with IRC funding (I got it this year).

Has your research changed much from your original application? Back in January I had something in mind, but it had evolved between then and me getting the conditional award in June. The fundamentals are pretty much the same, but slightly different research questions, focus, and different methods.
    I'm just wondering is this normal, or do I need to stick firmly to what I laid out in my application?
    I know in the T&C it says something like "substantial" changes must be approved, or something, which is understandable, as obviously I got funding for X project. But I'm just wondering how free I am to develop on my original application?

Any insight would be much appreciated. Many thanks.

• Advertisement

candle_wax wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Sorry to hijack this thread I just have a question for those of you with IRC funding (I got it this year).

Has your research changed much from your original application? Back in January I had something in mind, but it had evolved between then and me getting the conditional award in June. The fundamentals are pretty much the same, but slightly different research questions, focus, and different methods.
    I'm just wondering is this normal, or do I need to stick firmly to what I laid out in my application?
    I know in the T&C it says something like "substantial" changes must be approved, or something, which is understandable, as obviously I got funding for X project. But I'm just wondering how free I am to develop on my original application?

Any insight would be much appreciated. Many thanks.

as you say, it depends on how substantive the alterations are- messing with the methodology and the research questions would appear to be a red flag issue. My advice would be; don't shoot yourself in the foot..

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭candle_wax

k_tos wrote: »
    as you say, it depends on how substantive the alterations are- messing with the methodology and the research questions would appear to be a red flag issue. My advice would be; don't shoot yourself in the foot..

Thanks for that, and I completely understand.

Just, to be honest, when I applied to the IRC I genuinely never thought I'd get the funding, so didn't think twice about meandering down a slightly different path in the interim. I'm still just in my first year so I don't have any concrete work done beyond lit review chapters, so I can hopefully revert back to my January "plan" without too much hassle.

Thanks again

Advertisement