Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recessed lighting fixtures - LED vs Halogen

Options
  • 11-07-2013 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,781 ✭✭✭✭

I have an alcove which needs a new light fixture in the ceiling and think a recessed light would look nice.

Originally thought about a halogen light, but these seem to be very heavy on energy-consumption, so considering going for an LED light instead.

My only experience with LED are the harsh white lights you get on bike lamps, but can you get "warm" light alternatives? Can any LED light be used in any mount, or do I need to decide on what LED I want to use before I buy the housing?

Also where in Dublin could I get a directional mount like this one? Would be handy if I wanted to point the light against the wall etc.
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement