Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carers allowance

Options
  • 11-07-2013 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all,
    I applied for the carers allowance at the end of may 2013, I sent everything along with it that was asked for, during the week they sent me a letter looking for all of our bank, credit union, and partners payslips for last 6 months? is this just formality? should I take it as a good or bad sign?

appreciate all opinions x :eek::confused:

Comments

They need to see what money you have and what money is coming into the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tt2013

thanks maryanne84 I sent away statements that would show this at this start, our income is straight forward (same every week) and have no savings. surely they wouldn't look for this if wasn't going to be approved? they waste a lot of time and money of they looked from this from everybody

tt2013 wrote: »
    thanks maryanne84 I sent away statements that would show this at this start, our income is straight forward (same every week) and have no savings. surely they wouldn't look for this if wasn't going to be approved? they waste a lot of time and money of they looked from this from everybody
    It's part of the documentation they need to make a decision. It's a long process!The original statements you sent may not have covered the relevant period.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

I did the same and sent statements with my claim and got a letter about 2 months later looking for statements. They just need up to date information. Mine unfortunately was turned down even though I was on CB before. I'm having it reviewed

Hi all,
    I applied for the carers allowance at the end of may 2013, I sent everything along with it that was asked for, during the week they sent me a letter looking for all of our bank, credit union, and partners payslips for last 6 months? is this just formality? should I take it as a good or bad sign?

appreciate all opinions x :eek::confused:

Hi Just wondering if you heard anything from carers since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 tt2013

Hi guys got a letter the day after they got new statements so they obviously didnt even look at them! got rejected but going to appeal it!!! sent back a list of our means? why i don't know??? all of their calculations were wrong, dont know what they were looking at but wasn't our bank etc statements x

Hi guys got a letter the day after they got new statements so they obviously didnt even look at them! got rejected but going to appeal it!!! sent back a list of our means? why i don't know??? all of their calculations were wrong, dont know what they were looking at but wasn't our bank etc statements x

Was it rejected on medical grounds? You can request a review before you appeal it. Thats was I did. Mine was refused on medical grounds and they said if I sent in further medical evidence they would review it so I got a detailed letter from our GP and I wrote my own letter and detailed everything I did from morning to night. Also I got 2 local TDs involved. I'm waiting for a decision. By the way, my initial application was in January

• Registered Users Posts: 17 jacqui c

i am waiting for the appeals section to get back to me as i was refused so put in for a review with a letter from my mothers doctor which outlined all her medication and what i do, this however went to appeal and ive been waiting for an answer from them since april . i have phoned a few times and now they say its with the medical officer and i should hear within three weeks, but im still waiting all in all its been over a year and a half and im struggling with petrol costs and even took on a job for fifteen hours in order to keep up with this.
    i have to get up at half five in the morning to do this then get back to get my children to school then it straight to my mums . i dont want her to go into care and nor does she but the way things are going its not looking good

• Registered Users Posts: 1 limericklady50

got a letter during the week asking for a bank statements for the last 3 months .for myself and my husband sent them back straight away . i was already refused carers allowance 2 years ago they never asked me for bank statements back then i made a new application 3 months ago . so is it a good sign that they have asked this time ? :confused:

Advertisement