Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phonewatch alarm

Options
  • 11-07-2013 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I have a Eircom Phonewatch Alarm and it has a GPS box as I don't have a phone line. Was wondering if it can be program to text a phone number when activated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

It can't text but it does have a voice dialler . You will need a new sim for the GSM unit .
    Do you have the engineer code

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Roche_zero wrote: »
    I have a Eircom Phonewatch Alarm and it has a GPS box as I don't have a phone line. Was wondering if it can be program to text a phone number when activated

That is a Simon system. I have sent you a P.M. re the engineer code.
    Before you install the new sim card make sure you turn off the sim lock.
    I would recommend registering the sim on line as this means you can check the credit plus top it up as needs be. Also the sim in most cases needs to be topped up every 5 months. You will need to check with your service provider to confirm.

You will need engineer access to the alarm to set this up. Send me a P.M regarding the engineer code.

Drop the lid, enter engineer code.
    Delete option 04 done.
    Delete option 05 done.
    Delete option 06 done.
    Add option 17, 020, done.
    Add option 43 "enter the phone number you want the alarm to ring" done.
    Add option 44, 10 done.

This will ring your phone with a voice message rather than a text.

Any problems, let us know.

I'd delete option 17 , it turns on a delay timer For the phone call .Unless you have all windows covered with shock sensors I wouldn't have this delay setup . It means that if they get into the house through an unprotected window ( as is the case with eircom Pw) they have 20 seconds ( if detected more if not ) to knock the Simon panel off the wall . He won't call out

The delay is there for a reason. I would not set this up at 0.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

altor wrote: »
    The delay is there for a reason. I would not set this up at 0.

+1 . Why would you set alarm delay to zero??:confused:

• Advertisement

On the Simon panel it takes long enough as it is to dial out . So why take the chance to allow a crash and smash happen ?
    In the front door and kick the panel off the wall .. Done gone ,
    If the system was to text and the control panel was in a safe place then by all means have a delay .
    The system is self monitored so there's no need for the delay.

I would not set it up with no delay. Drop it down if you wish but never 0.
    The delay is there for false alarms.

Not all them are. Agree or not that is your opinion :)

They do if you request it. The old type bells are used on a lot of installs so basing your views on this is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Roche_zero

Altor I sent you a PM did you get it?

• Advertisement

I will reply now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭touts

Hi Guys,
    Sorry for reopening an old thread but this one seems to be exactly what I was about to ask so I thought it was better to reopen this than do a new one.

My Phonewatch account is up in November so I'm looking at options now to have a cheaper alternative ready when it expires. Having read the above I have a couple of questions.
    1. Can you PM me the Engineer code (My boxes look identical to the ones above).
    2. Will the system only phone one number or can it be set to dial a sequence of numbers until it gets an answer (in case the first person is not available).
    3. How do you "turn off the sim lock"?
    4. Will any pay-as-you-go sim work in the unit (i.e. Vodafone/O2 etc)

Thanks

The system can be set up to contact 2 numbers but need to be version 3 or later. Some times programming the 2 numbers can make the system go haywire but simply down powering and deleting the first number will solve the issue.
    Yes a ready to go sim card will work. I would recommend setting the sim up on line for checking credit and topping up as needs be. I have send you a P.M. re the engineer code.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭touts

Just wanted to thanks Altor for taking my call and helping me out with getting my engineer code and how to use it. I'll probably set up the system to call me rather than having it call phonewatch who will then phone me.

Advertisement