Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accuracy Problems with Pics

Options
  • 11-07-2013 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

Having serious problems with accuracy with my hw97k with a 3-9x40 scope.

Using .22 diana sport pellets they are flat.Cant zero the thing eithier :confused:

Pics of 3 shot groups on a windless day rifle was cleaned 2 weeks ago and put 300 shots through it!Holding the gun as light as possible as recommended with spring air rifles range is about 25-30 yards. Its just awful :/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Try different pellets and check that the scope is mounted properly and everything tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

Its tight scope mounts all screws etc :/ ...Crosman Accupells weren't bad ,

Selection in ireland is awful, Diana is ok,Wasps are pure dirt and they're everywhere!

JSB's are the best but every where i ask for them there looking at me like in confusion!Need to get some off ebay! 3 tins posted 70 euro is alot but sure has to be done if i cannot find a shop that sells them!

1shot16 wrote: »
    Its tight scope mounts all screws etc :/ ...Crosman Accupells weren't bad ,

Selection in ireland is awful, Diana is ok,Wasps are pure dirt and they're everywhere!

JSB's are the best but every where i ask for them there looking at me like in confusion!Need to get some off ebay! 3 tins posted 70 euro is alot but sure has to be done if i cannot find a shop that sells them!

And buying and importing off ebay without both sides having the correct paperwork will result in a lot more issues than accuracy..
    Sportsden has airgun ammo on their site and deliver, if you ring they probably have more in stock. Same goes for duffys in galway, patrick carley in wexford.. they all deliver..
    if all ammo isnt grouping well it may not be the ammo.. Scope might not be up to the recoil off a springer air rifle and could be losing zero.

garv123 wrote: »
    And buying and importing off ebay without both sides having the correct paperwork will result in a lot more issues than accuracy..
    Sportsden has airgun ammo on their site and deliver, if you ring they probably have more in stock. Same goes for duffys in galway, patrick carley in wexford.. they all deliver..
    if all ammo isnt grouping well it may not be the ammo.. Scope might not be up to the recoil off a springer air rifle and could be losing zero.

Can i buy off a site not ebay up north without an import licesce same country kinda :P ?they have jsb's :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Can i buy off a site not ebay up north without an import licesce same country kinda :P ?they have jsb's :D

No you can't, The import licence is so the department of justice know and have on file any ammunition/firearms/explosives etc... that enters the country. Applying for an import licence is easy and free it is only a matter of filling out a form and sending it to them with a copy of your licence.
    You can only import up to the amount of ammunition on your licence though. So if say you had 100 rounds on your licence and tried to import more you can't and even if they made a mistake and granted the import licence you are still only entitled to be in possession of the amount on the licence.

Decide what pellets you want, apply for an import licence and then order them. Doing it any other way will result in the loss of your licence. And if it's gone it's gone.

juice1304 wrote: »
    No you can't, The import licence is so the department of justice know and have on file any ammunition/firearms/explosives etc... that enters the country. Applying for an import licence is easy and free it is only a matter of filling out a form and sending it to them with a copy of your licence.
    You can only import up to the amount of ammunition on your licence though. So if say you had 100 rounds on your licence and tried to import more you can't and even if they made a mistake and granted the import licence you are still only entitled to be in possession of the amount on the licence.

Decide what pellets you want, apply for an import licence and then order them. Doing it any other way will result in the loss of your licence. And if it's gone it's gone.

If some one had 100 pellets on their licensce u can only get pellets in tins of 200 250 and 500 so you cannot legally buy.Its not worth my time buying 1 tin.. :mad:

Lads pm'd me sayin they bought no problems but is it worth the risk?Well the crap here cant shoot anything anyways... can the dealers order it in for me?

Could send them to the brother his problem :P Nah i would do that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭vapour_trail

Your local RFD should be able to order you in any brand of pellet you want, especially if you want it in bulk :confused: If he doesnt well then take your business elsewhere ;) My dealer is getting me some ammo in from the UK that isnt available here for some silly reason, if your dealer is any good he'll look after you !

Your local RFD should be able to order you in any brand of pellet you want, especially if you want it in bulk :confused: If he doesnt well then take your business elsewhere ;) My dealer is getting me some ammo in from the UK that isnt available here for some silly reason, if your dealer is any good he'll look after you !

Yeah im trying to find out what jsb's is good in my gun!Getting samples off people to try out!theres 4 to choose from:

JSB Match Diabolo Exact Jumbo Heavy, 5.52mm head, 18.1 grains
    JSB Match Diabolo Exact Jumbo Monster, 5.52mm head, 25.4 grains
    JSB Match Diabolo Exact Jumbo, 5.52mm head, 13.4 grains
    JSB Match Diabolo Straton Jumbo, 5.50mm head, 15.9 grains

The 15.9 and 13.4 will most likely work best in my gun as they are light and ive a springer but the heavy pellets might be better at close range!Will have to do some testing! :)

10 tins of any of the above are around 110 Shipped to ireland but you cannot mix and match thats y im finding out which is the best!thats 11 a tin for quality ammo! Will my RFD charge me?

http://intershoot.co.uk/acatalog/Air_Pellets.html

I remember when I was visiting relatives in england, the difference in airgun laws is unreal. You can get pellet samples in the post over there where you can get 100 or 50 pellets of say , 10 different pellet brands and types. If you could do that here it would be perfect but theres no way. Your dealer has to make a profit obviously but there is a chance he mightnt have to go through difficulties to get them. If you shop around you could very well find what you are after or somewhere like Ardee Sports may be able to help you out as they import and supply a lot of shops.

• Advertisement

I remember when I was visiting relatives in england, the difference in airgun laws is unreal. You can get pellet samples in the post over there where you can get 100 or 50 pellets of say , 10 different pellet brands and types. If you could do that here it would be perfect but theres no way. Your dealer has to make a profit obviously but there is a chance he mightnt have to go through difficulties to get them. If you shop around you could very well find what you are after or somewhere like Ardee Sports may be able to help you out as they import and supply a lot of shops.

Ye 12ft lb rifles don't need to be licensed in england then again in america u can get any ftlb air you want without a licence and a ar15 if u mill out the low receiver yourself :rolleyes:

Mabye i could set up my own distribution with some dealer license just jsb air rifle pellets?

You can buy sample packs off ebay.. 50 pellets of 20 brands if i could only do that :/ :mad:

Dont even attempt to order anything off ebay or import anything without proper licensing. You can kiss goodbye to the hope of ever owning anything other than an airsoft gun for the rest of your life. Other lads might do it and get away with it but when they are caught at least itll be them thats in trouble and not you ;) Stay within the law lad, even though its the biggest pain in the arse its not as big a pain as if you get in trouble with the law ! :)

Dont even attempt to order anything off ebay or import anything without proper licensing. You can kiss goodbye to the hope of ever owning anything other than an airsoft gun for the rest of your life. Other lads might do it and get away with it but when they are caught at least itll be them thats in trouble and not you ;) Stay within the law lad, even though its the biggest pain in the arse its not as big a pain as if you get in trouble with the law ! :)

Tryin tio say with it and dont get in trouble at all if i think about it i could ruin my chances of getting mores guns in the future because of one stupid law!

...Might aswell take a trip up north and get 20 or 30 tins on jsbs 15,000 rounds should last me a good few months or trade in my air rifle now since cant hit f all with the sh*t ammo i get.

Im surprised now one here stocks them!!!

Tryin tio say with it and dont get in trouble at all if i think about it i could ruin my chances of getting mores guns in the future because of one stupid law!

...Might aswell take a trip up north and get 20 or 30 tins on jsbs 15,000 rounds should last me a good few months or trade in my air rifle now since cant hit f all with the sh*t ammo i get.

Im surprised now one here stocks them!!!

An air rifle will still kill someone and thank god theres some bit of law on them here although a bit too pricey but in the UK kids are always getting shot with them and so are peoples pets. without and law any little scumbag can own them.

You'll still need all the paperwork to bring it from the north yourself. getting caught with it at the border will get you in just as much trouble. Any decent RFD will order what you want.

garv123 wrote: »
    An air rifle will still kill someone and thank god theres some bit of law on them here although a bit too pricey but in the UK kids are always getting shot with them and so are peoples pets. without and law any little scumbag can own them.

You'll still need all the paperwork to bring it from the north yourself. getting caught with it at the border will get you in just as much trouble. Any decent RFD will order what you want.

Will see what a RDF can do for me :D Hopefully i can get something soon! :D

I noe scumbags here that own them trust me, i dont noe how but they do and have licenses for them... from stealing to causin fierce problems in the community especially with the older generation the stories i can tell ye !I cant wait to see the day they get caught and their guns get takin away from them!Because of them i nearly couldn't get a gun myself because of their bs stories they made up but the guards realised who was telling the truth nd who was takin sh*te and creating problems as usual! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭rsole1

Having serious problems with accuracy with my hw97k with a 3-9x40 scope.

Using .22 diana sport pellets they are flat.Cant zero the thing eithier :confused:

Pics of 3 shot groups on a windless day rifle was cleaned 2 weeks ago and put 300 shots through it!Holding the gun as light as possible as recommended with spring air rifles range is about 25-30 yards. Its just awful :/

I had the weihrauch HW97K and it was very accurate on RWS Superdomes. I could group them within an inch at 30 yards. The trouble with springers is you have to hold it not too tight, not too loose and follow through with the shot.

Good luck

rsole1 wrote: »
    I had the weihrauch HW97K and it was very accurate on RWS Superdomes. I could group them within an inch at 30 yards. The trouble with springers is you have to hold it not too tight, not too loose and follow through with the shot.

Good luck

Well,Where did you get the superdomes would you be up to swap 25 or 30 superdomes for diana sport pellets they are flat headed.Just to see what they r like through my hw97k ever gun is different .Calibre .22.Darren :)

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭rsole1

Well,Where did you get the superdomes would you be up to swap 25 or 30 superdomes for diana sport pellets they are flat headed.Just to see what they r like through my hw97k ever gun is different .Calibre .22.Darren :)

I gave the pellets away when I sold the rifle. My friend may have some I'll ask him. Lakelands in Mullingar have Daystate and Air Arms pellets.

Advertisement