Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oak Park Forest Park impossible to walk in because of a cyclist

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

God loves cyclists, you'll get yours in purgatory!

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Heart bleeds for you man! Sounds like you have a lot to be worried about

RustyNut wrote: »
    Bikes don't melt Tarmac.

Fúck even Lance Armstrong couldnt melt tarmac on a bike suppose he had even taken yokes

• Registered Users Posts: 31 buttercupno5

Yes I can confirm royal Irish is correct it was a family friend that made those marks using his little ride on tractor thing where he had a little trailer attached going around cleaning up cutting trees etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Anyone actually got any useful advice on if it would be worth complaining to anyone about cyclists flying around the forest making a nuisance?

You could try a complaint here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Well this is the funniest thread I've read on Boards in an age. Thanks, OP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

I'm not sure that the OP quite worded his/her objections clearly? It would appear that were annoyed by the cyclist 'speeding' around and making life uncomfortable for people on foot. This crystallised into a complaint re sticky tar etc., which clearly relates to a bigger heavier vehicle.

But the initial problem still stands. Cyclists and pedestrians don't mix well on the same tracks, unless the cyclist is prepared to be respectful of walkers. I'd cycle a good bit in forests and the like and I'd always slow down if I have to pass people on foot, it's just courtesy. I'd even get off and walk if the path is narrow and/or the other party look old or have young children etc. A bike is probably not going to kill you if they crash into you but they'd do you a fair bit of damage and anyway it's just unpleasant and discourteous to have people whizz past a few feet away.

Advertisement