Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop won't connect to Internet using tp router

Options
  • 11-07-2013 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

As title says, I can't access the Internet on my laptop using the wireless router .... It was working fine until a few days ago when it just stopped working.

I can access the Internet on my smartphone using the wifi. I've contacted both support for imagine and tp link but neither will help.

The wireless connection is showing up on the laptop under the network connections with a full signal.

When I click diagnose problem it says windows has detected an IP address conflict and another pc on the network has the same IP address - but there is no other pc!!!!!

Any suggestions of what I can try????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭jthrppel

See whether you can connect with your smart phone turned off (fully)?
    It may be that ip conflict is with your phone. You can always assign a different ip number after change the setting to manual instead of DHCP. May be 192.168.15.3 and Router address and DNS to 192.168.15.1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

Turn all devices off including the wireless router mine done this last night so just knocked all devices connected off and let reset and connected again after a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭soupdrinker

Thanks for the replies. I did try switching everything off but that doesn't work.

Tried switching off the smartphones but it still doesn't work !!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

Does your laptop have a switch to turn it on/off seperatley mine does

see whether you can connect laptop with an ethernet cable to your router. You must have one of the cables that came with router.

• Advertisement

Is your TP link is a powerlink that connects to your router? May be reset the TPlink? See whether you can connect directly to router by an ethernet cable. You should see an icon in the task bar or should get a message about the connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭soupdrinker

I've tried connecting the router to the laptop but that doesn't work either :) it's saying that the laptop is connecting to the wireless connection but not to the Internet!

Could my laptop be at the end of its life?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Have you tried turning off the firewall on your laptop? Also have you tried the laptop in another wifi situation?

Advertisement