Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom forum

• 11-07-2013 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

We have had a very difficult experience trying to become Eircom customers. I have seen some posts saying that they are treating returning customers badly, I am a new customer and am absolutely shocked by the customer service standards. 
    We signed up on June 20th and were told that the line would get turned on within 5 business days and broadband within 10 days after that. We heard nothing for 2 weeks and called them, at which point we were told that the broadband would be turned on the 9th of July and that our phone line should already be on.
    They then could not find the order to turn on our line. We called back a couple of days later and were told there was an order to turn on our phone line on the 16th but that our broadband should be available within 2 days after that. Today they phoned my wife on her mobile and said the line would be turned on the 16th of July but we would have to wait 10 business days after that for broadband. This is a total of 5 weeks to activate a new customer.
    When I asked they said regardless of who made the mistake there was nothing anyone could do about it.

When we tried to complain we were told that we could call a complaints line but that they would take 10 business days to respond.

If this is how they treat new customers it might be even more difficult once you are locked in  to a contract with them.
    I'm going to call imagine and see who gets there first.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

rob3rt0 wrote: »
    We have had a very difficult experience trying to become Eircom customers. I have seen some posts saying that they are treating returning customers badly, I am a new customer and am absolutely shocked by the customer service standards. We signed up on June 20th and were told that the line would get turned on within 5 business days and broadband within 10 days after that. We heard nothing for 2 weeks and called them, at which point we were told that the broadband would be turned on the 9th of July and that our phone line should already be on.They then could not find the order to turn on our line. We called back a couple of days later and were told there was an order to turn on our phone line on the 16th but that our broadband should be available within 2 days after that. Today they phoned my wife on her mobile and said the line would be turned on the 16th of July but we would have to wait 10 business days after that for broadband. This is a total of 5 weeks to activate a new customer.When I asked they said regardless of who made the mistake there was nothing anyone could do about it.When we tried to complain we were told that we could call a complaints line but that they would take 10 business days to respond.If this is how they treat new customers it might be even more difficult once you are locked in to a contract with them.I'm going to call imagine and see who gets there first.
    [font=Times New Roman", "serif]Hi rob3rto, [/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif] [/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]I'm very sorry to hear of the bad experience you have had so far.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]Would you like to PM me your details and I will look into this for you and see if there is anything I can do for you?[/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]Tracey [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rob3rt0

Hi Tracey,
    I pm'ed you my details last week and have not heard anything since. I would appreciate if you would follow this up as we have not been able to get any sort of consistent information over the phone.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi Tracey,I pm'ed you my details last week and have not heard anything since. I would appreciate if you would follow this up as we have not been able to get any sort of consistent information over the phone.Thanks
    Hi,

I have sent you a PM to you this morning.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mahallam

We have had a very difficult experience trying to become Eircom customers. I have seen some posts saying that they are treating returning customers badly, I am a new customer and am absolutely shocked by the customer service standards. 
    We signed up on June 20th and were told that the line would get turned on within 5 business days and broadband within 10 days after that. We heard nothing for 2 weeks and called them, at which point we were told that the broadband would be turned on the 9th of July and that our phone line should already be on.
    They then could not find the order to turn on our line. We called back a couple of days later and were told there was an order to turn on our phone line on the 16th but that our broadband should be available within 2 days after that. Today they phoned my wife on her mobile and said the line would be turned on the 16th of July but we would have to wait 10 business days after that for broadband. This is a total of 5 weeks to activate a new customer.
    When I asked they said regardless of who made the mistake there was nothing anyone could do about it.

When we tried to complain we were told that we could call a complaints line but that they would take 10 business days to respond.

If this is how they treat new customers it might be even more difficult once you are locked in  to a contract with them.
    I'm going to call imagine and see who gets there first.
    Eircom is a disaster. Try anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi mahallam

Sorry to hear you feel this way. Is there anything I can help you with?

Thanks

Tony

• Advertisement
Advertisement