Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Data Bundle Query

Options
  • 11-07-2013 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭

For Pay as You go sim cards does any provider allow you to buy a one off mobile data bundle e.g. 500MB or 1GB etc. and allow you to use it until its gone however long that takes? So if you have really low and sporadic usage e.g. say it takes 3 or 4 months to use 1GB. If I understand correctly everything seems to be based on a monthly deal?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

You can pay as you go with most of them, but its really expensive. Its cheaper to buy a monthly bundle. You can see it makes no sense to buy it per day. For example on O2

http://www.o2online.ie/o2/my-o2/mobile-internet/shareyourinternet/prepay-share.php

AFAIK I don't think any network lets you carry over unused data to the next 30 days. The other catch if that you run out of a bundle, it falls back to the daily rate, which if you don't notice, eats all your spare credit.

Advertisement