Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire in the sky?

Options
  • 11-07-2013 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭

Was there some sort of mentally big firework let off on the southside last right, around midnight, out Doughcloyne/Wilton way? I saw something hugely bright, and an amber/orange colour in the sky from the Sarsfield Road area, and couldn't work out what on earth I was seeing. (If it was something taking off from the airport, it was doing something very odd with its lights.)

Little green men need not apply, though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

They were working on the new fly over at sarsfield roundabout last night erecting lights. They may have had some floodlights. Could that have been it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Yeah, heard that all right! No, this was on the other side, further up the hill. Unless they were launching flares from the airport to help with that... somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

What direction are you viewing from? Lantern maybe? I remember being hugely confused by them years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

12th of July firework probably.

We're being trolled.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

TheChizler wrote: »
    What direction are you viewing from? Lantern maybe? I remember being hugely confused by them years ago.
    That would make sense, actually: it did seem to be rather slow-moving. Looking from Sarsfield Road Roundabout, towards the airport, sorta-typa direction.
    12th of July firework probably.

We're being trolled.

This was on midnight of the 10th! (Or minutes into the 11th, at a push.) Lot of very half-cocked Loyalists up beyond Togher, you reckon?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

alaimacerc wrote: »
    This was on midnight of the 10th! (Or minutes into the 11th, at a push.) Lot of very half-cocked Loyalists up beyond Togher, you reckon?

Oops. My mistake.

I heard a couple of those percussion fireworks going off at around midnight last night and thought is was something to do with the 12th.

I could be completely wrong now though.

Advertisement