Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I did something to my car (volume 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Hatfry

Bought a halfords stone chip and scratch kit for my black mk4 fiesta yesterday. Filled in what felt like a million stone chips and deep scratches with the primer.

Heres a few pics after applying the primer, going to start filling them in with the paint later today and ill post the results

• Registered Users Posts: 13,655 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

There is no fasten seatbelt alarm :) not even for drivers belt.

[...]
    bmstuff wrote: »
    Most e46/e39.never had this enforced but it is on more recent cars such as the e60 etc.
    [...]

Ahh, alright then. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

bmstuff, if you're reading this, do you know of a good source for an E46 front-cabin cup holder? Apparently it came standard on the US market models but EU has a coin tray.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,021 ✭✭✭✭cena

Changed the oil in mothers Astra.
    It was due a service so not sure what else to check

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

cena wrote: »
    Changed the oil in mothers Astra.
    It was due a service so not sure what else to check

Spark plugs, air, oil , fuel, pollen filters, and if any belts are slack on it

Should do the trick nicely

• Advertisement

Spark plugs, air, oil , fuel, pollen filters, and if any belts are slack on it

Should do the trick nicely

Sparks where done on 149,000. Just gone over 167,000 km

Sparks where done on 149,000. Just gone over 167,000 km

By fuel. What would uh you mean by that?

By fuel. What would uh you mean by that?

Fuel filter, doesn't need to be done though, i was just listing off a general service that i'd do

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Fuel filter, doesn't need to be done though, i was just listing off a general service that i'd do

Might be a tad excessive for a general service.
    Plugs, oil + oil filter + pollen filter + air filter would be all I'd do as standard on a petrol car service. Unless anything else was coming to intervals to be done again.

Plugs I'd only do every second service.

Might be a tad excessive for a general service.
    Plugs, oil + oil filter + pollen filter + air filter would be all I'd do as standard on a petrol car service. Unless anything else was coming to intervals to be done again.

Plugs I'd only do every second service.

Well yeah, jaysus i wouldn't be doing that every time a service came around I'd be broke! I'd do all that when it needs to be done every 20k for the plugs, and air filter, and 60k for the pollen and fuel filters and then regular oil/oilfilter changes every 5k and that's my routine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

The fuel door -> fuel cap string was broken, one zip tie and bam!

14206800727_3921d9a570_c.jpg

Then I took this...

14389890411_d2bed8c5a0_c.jpg

...sanded it and now I have this!

14206628318_772688047e_c.jpg

What do you think? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

IMO, theres nothing worse than sprayed interior plastics. Its so tacky.

I remember my brother had a boxy Starlet back a few years ago, sprayed the entire dash orange, with green inserts. He thought it was the bees knees.

My eyes used to ache every time I was in it for longer than 10 minutes. Obviously one little bit sprayed isn't the same, but I just don't like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

I know it ain't sprayed but god man it's just too much of a contrast to the rest of a bora's black interior!

YbFocus wrote: »
    I know it ain't sprayed but god man it's just too much of a contrast to the rest of a bora's black interior!

:o just copped that now.

Even a cf wrap would be a bit better

I think it looks good... here's a bit better pic of it...

14207212047_70e968de7e_c.jpg

This is how my old Bora's interior looked like

14129651828_41230f4d7f_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Each to they're own, maybe if they were brushed aluminium but I know they are just white plastic. I'd rather leave them standard.
    Just my opinion though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Actually it looks good with all of them done :)

VW interiors are so black and depressing IMO and that lifts it a lot :)

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    Actually it looks good with all of them done :)

VW interiors are so black and depressing IMO and that lifts it a lot :)

Yes, it's very dark in this Bora. It's almost 100% black, that's why I decided to do something about it. I think I will eventually get some cream interior pieces like I had in the old Bora as well...

This is just a pic off google, but it gives you the idea
    SAM_2239.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

The R32 you've pictured has grey not cream lower dash trims.

You can make the interior of a bora look nice without tacking it up imo, you don't need to go about changing dash pieces to cream or grey either.

Here's my old Bora..

283.jpg

You are going the right way with black badges etc, could be a tasty car esp in blue, just a shame to see the dash vents like that imo

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Brian wrote: »
    bmstuff, if you're reading this, do you know of a good source for an E46 front-cabin cup holder? Apparently it came standard on the US market models but EU has a coin tray.

What about all the E46 experts in the forum? We're no good? :p

That's actually probably the most interchangeable part on the car, there's so many variants of what you can put there. The coin holder actually goes with the cup holder or storage tray. What's most common in EU models is #1 below

131.png
    08 Cup holder SCHWARZ 1 51168217953

08 Cup holder HELLBEIGE 1 51168217955

08 Cup holder GRAU 1 51168248504

There's part numbers. You can get them from ebay, amazon, or dealer. Or breakers yard. Your choice.

Keep in mind, if you're replacing #1 with cupholders, you also need #10.

• Advertisement

tossy wrote: »
    You are going the right way with black badges etc, could be a tasty car esp in blue, just a shame to see the dash vents like that imo

I don't think I would've done that if my old Bora didn't have the vents like that. I think they were silver-ish from the factory. Anyway, I will do the middle pieces first and then think about what to do with the vents.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,655 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Finally got brand new battery for my 'rolla.

The old one is still fine, but once I got an opportunity to buy Yuasa 50% off, did not hesitate. :D

BUT...

I've been mistaken by someone, and the one I got is slightly too big (old approx 220x150x200, new approx 240x170x190), so will spend a bit of time this weekend to sort everything out - already have an idea.

Pictures will be made and posted up. :)

Got the engine running properly for the first time in 24 years. Do excuse the crappy quality as my phone is fairly crap with videos. But yeah, it sounds sweeeeet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

GvidoR wrote: »
    I don't think I would've done that if my old Bora didn't have the vents like that. I think they were silver-ish from the factory. Anyway, I will do the middle pieces first and then think about what to do with the vents.

The Bora never came with silver or any other finish vents from factory, only black.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

Lad came down and checked out the Colt for his misses, loved it, the noise that's coming from could simply be sparks/coil pack/ cables etc. Commented on how great it was and that he'll be back at 5pm.

Still no sign. Muppet. For sale if anyone knows anyone.

http://www.adverts.ie/car/mitsubishi/colt/2000-mitsubishi-colt-low-milage-and-nct/5690184

rizzee wrote: »
    Lad came down and checked out the Colt for his misses, loved it, the noise that's coming from could simply be sparks/coil pack/ cables etc. Commented on how great it was and that he'll be back at 5pm.

Still no sign. Muppet. For sale if anyone knows anyone.

http://www.adverts.ie/car/mitsubishi/colt/2000-mitsubishi-colt-low-milage-and-nct/5690184

Ah once someone says "I'll be back" they're generally talking ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

Kaiser D wrote: »
    Ah once someone says "I'll be back" they're generally talking ****e.

So i've learned! :rolleyes: :o Had a golf held for me as well this evening, that's what makes it even more frustrating. Could've been around in a new motor by now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Kaiser, she sounds class!!
    Is that a single cam job?

CianRyan wrote: »
    Kaiser, she sounds class!!
    Is that a single cam job?

The engine's actually a 1500 TC with 1850 carbs (which I swapped for a dashboard clock from the Dolomite a few weeks ago)!

I'm not usually one for engine mods or whatever, but I've even ordered a racing manifold already, I'm going to look into doing a few other bits engine-wise too. Just because.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Kaiser D wrote: »
    The engine's actually a 1500 TC with 1850 carbs (which I swapped for a dashboard clock from the Dolomite a few weeks ago)!

I'm not usually one for engine mods or whatever, but I've even ordered a racing manifold already, I'm going to look into doing a few other bits engine-wise too. Just because.

I don't know who broke you but I'm glad they did. :D

Should be good or Pheonic Park meet then? :)

Advertisement