Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I did something to my car (volume 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Don't like the black at all and those tail lights are hideous looking. If you are hell bent on changing the rear lights then go for US GLI lights you've two choices pre face lift or rarer facelift, it took my a while to find mine back in the day but was so happy when i got them lol

dscf0330smallyw9.jpg
    72353117.jpg

I'm very conscious that every other time you post a pic of your bora i post a pic of my old bora but i'm very snobbish and anal about how a bora should be modded lol sorry, plus i miss it more than any car i've owned lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

I appreciate your comments, but I don't think there is just one way how to mod a car. About the black pillar things, your car was already black and obviously the window trim and stuff were black too, so the window area looked good as it was. Also, right now I'm very low on cash, so everything I have done so far has cost me next to nothing. By the way, did you get any hate for having the nurburgring sticker on the back? From what I've seen, people on the forum don't seem to like them very much.

Here's a bit better (daylight) pic of the pillar things:
    14441517816_261ee0baaa_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

People tend to give stick to people with nurburgring stickers alright - it kind of exploded here a few years ago on the back of golfs and passats that haven't been within 1000 miles of the ring since being delivered on the train from Wolfsburg...

It ruined it a little for those who have been in their car and had the badge to show for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I think Tossy's one said "neverbeen" rather than nurburgring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Speaking of tossy, a certain individual bumped into me and commented on my parking and "strange cult sticker" :pac:

• Advertisement

GvidoR wrote: »
    I appreciate your comments, but I don't think there is just one way how to mod a car.

You are dead right there. I never got any hassle about the 'ring sticker it wasn't really a thing yet when i had it so people either commented asking what it meant or how did i enjoy the track.
    TrailerBob wrote: »
    It ruined it a little for those who have been in their car and had the badge to show for it.

Couldn't agree more,if i went back again i wouldn't bother buying a sticker this time.

Neverbeen lad, i must dig up a pic of my car on the track when i get home.
    Speaking of tossy, a certain individual bumped into me and commented on my parking and "strange cult sticker" :pac:

Good to meet you again, your parking was actually decent lol not the worst i've seen in that place.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I appreciate your comments, but I don't think there is just one way how to mod a car. About the black pillar things, your car was already black and obviously the window trim and stuff were black too, so the window area looked good as it was. Also, right now I'm very low on cash, so everything I have done so far has cost me next to nothing. By the way, did you get any hate for having the nurburgring sticker on the back? From what I've seen, people on the forum don't seem to like them very much.

I think tossy's saying not really that there's only one way to mod a car, but depending on the car in certain cases only very few mods will actually improve how the car looks. I'd agree with him on this one - the bora because of how it looks could quite easily go very very wrong with the wrong mods...

Just take a look back at the max power era of civics + huge bodykits. It's still a way of modding a car, albeit one that makes you want to projectile vomit everywhere.

'ring stickers are absolutely retarded unless you've been there IMO. Even then, they're somewhat ruined by the amount of VAG-twats with them (not you, tossy :p ).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Done some road testing with torque app and messing with the turbo pressure solenoid.

I done some changes already and it started messing with my head without a set test runs to prove seat of pants and monitoring data.

Run was about 5 k of mixed route of a basic circle and all were traffic spot of and my driving as much as I could the same.

Run one was the base I figured best
    Run 2 was in half a turn
    Run 3 was out half a turn
    Run 4 was back to base to prove the base.

i found it on an old hard drive, there is another member of this forum in the pass seat :D

image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Find the bloody car and buy it back, you ya? :p

• Advertisement

CianRyan wrote: »
    Find the bloody car and buy it back, you ya? :p

I wish, i really need to let go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Stanced or just squatted down into the hill?

Hal1 wrote: »
    Stanced or just squatted down into the hill?

It was lowered on Koni coilovers, low for 'go' not for 'show' :D of course it's bedded down in the corner there so looks lower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

tossy wrote: »
    It was lowered on Koni coilovers, low for 'go' not for 'show' :D of course it's bedded down in the corner there so looks lower.

Should i not mention the countless times i seen you crawl over/drive sideways them speed ramps on the hill then?? :pac::pac::pac:

Should i not mention the countless times i seen you crawl over/drive sideways them speed ramps on the hill then?? :pac::pac::pac:

The centre section of the exhaust was the only part that caught ramps lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

Shmoooke! Got 'er running today after a bit more fettling.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭BillJ

Purchased these bad boys form camskill, rainsports 3's:)

Replacing vredestian ultrac sessantas on the back so will be interesting to see the difference.

3vDEsaOl.jpg

Jesus they're beastly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

Good old oil and filter service, along with a new serpentine belt ahead of our run to Italy next week

Wired in a second 12v socket in the back too, switchable from the dash.

Jesus they're beastly.

255/35/18 :eek:

• Advertisement

I'm due some soon, I think I might just chance those :D

I'm due some soon, I think I might just chance those :D

I can vouch for the vreds for a similar priced tyre, must get these new ones fitted soon!

Tempted to try the RS3's. I know without a shadow of doubt that the Eagle F1's are the best tyre you can buy, but they wear quick enough.

Haven't been overly impressed with the Potenza RE050a's. They're give out (grip wise) a good bit before the F1's do.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

My passenger window regulator wasn't working on the E30 so I went at it.

Couldn't get the motor out as it two bolts were sort of hidden. Some sort of brainwave came over me and I reconnected it (Without doing anything) and it worked perfect for 10 seconds or so. So that led me to believe the motor was perfect, grand.

Swapped switches, no joy. Spliced the wiring going into the motor and got no power, and then realised there's a block connector in the door pillar. Followed the wires on the far side and found they had power, so they block was obviously at fault. With great effort it finally pulled apart and low and behold, loads of very small, ****ty pins. Cleaned them all and reconnected it and it didn't work, only if you pressed it hard together. So I just bypass it and ran a wire direct through, works perfect now.

conenctor1.jpg

That's what the connection looks like. It's a stupid design as the pins are very small. There's a rubber than hooks over the outside and then it plugs in, but that even makes it harder for a connection to happen.

If I'm very bored I might buy two new block connectors and rewire both sides, but atm it's a much better job having it wired direct (Unless you wanted to remove the door etc.)

While I was in the humour I took the drivers side panel off and greased the regulator inside.

Fixed the horn as well, just a look connection behind the wheel.

Few more small jobs to do, just odds and ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

20140625_181046.jpg

Time for a pee. Got two oil filters (Two listed) and both were wrong!

Keys are now hidden until I get the correct one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

BillJ wrote: »
    Replacing vredestian ultrac sessantas on the back so will be interesting to see the difference.

Did not last long on mine, they were decent enough though, but there is better out there. My Hankook V12 did handle better in the wet. About the same price give or take.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭V.W.L 11

any VW Bora geniuses on this please??? :o

V.W.L 11 wrote: »
    any VW Bora geniuses on this please??? :o

What do you need help with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭V.W.L 11

What do you need help with?

car was over heating earlier after the car wash,had to pull in about 4/5 times before eventuallt making it home,tried it again just now and the fan isn't kixking in,waterpump was changed 7k ago,could it be the switch?all fuses are ok.

• Advertisement

Is there enough coolant in it?

Advertisement