Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I did something to my car (volume 2)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

Stopped for tea to ask the internet how to take out the headlights on the polo. Off to remove the front end of the car now. Arrrrrrghhhhhhhh :( I'm trying to fit new clips for the headlight levelers. Unfortunately some mullah has gone mental with the tech seven inside the headlights so they're going to have to come out.

Removed and cleaned the throttle body egr pipe and valve amongst other things. Don't think the oil nad plugs will be done today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Engine had misfire so had a look around and seen the ht lead into cylinder one was broke the inside of it was stuck onto the plug so got new ones and the car is flying again. There was a bit of oil on the old rubber does anyone know what would cause this????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Well feck in anyway, the wheels came out looking quite well after a good clean and upgraded Fiat badges, hope the new owner likes them for their own Bravo when they're collected tomorrow.

GoX62pI.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Nearly there!

Today I got round to finishing the primer, and replacing the wheel liners, picked up two cans of plastic primer in halfords so it wasn't too shabby, so after the last round of fun I got to work

And the finished product

1zvvon7.jpg

209r7tf.jpg

Next onto the wheel arch liners, the old ones had seen better days :o

The left one held up a bit better, but it was still missing the connection for the bumper

xblh7c.jpg

The new ones

20hat.jpg

n6rexi.jpg

122c01s.jpg

And the new bumper :D

21nie8p.jpg

zldyww.jpg

So there you have it, next on the agenda is getting it sprayed, fixing the front fogs issue and reinstalling the plastic backing in the middle and the little plastic things at the bottom of the bumper

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Kind of hard to follow that post. I bought two cans of BG244 to clean the bejaysus out of my engine. Going to use them one after another.

I am hoping it will help with my intermittently sticky turbo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

The dodgy seatbelt buckle in my Civic was getting very reluctant to release the seatbelt, so to avoid getting stuck in the car I got a new one from eBay. Removed the front seat, broke all the clips and put a new one in. And took the opportunity to give the underside of the seat a good clean.

Honda wanted £150 for it; I did it for £25. Fiddly but worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭rizzee

Ordered the debadged grill and a set of Philips xenon bulbs

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Started mine after 9 weeks away. Had to jump it, but otherwise seems fine. The only thing is, she's neither insured nor taxed, so cant go anywhere. 25 in less than two weeks so have to wait until then until i can insure the bloody thing because the quote is about 400 quid cheaper! Argh!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Welcome back Alan!

Yeah, we kind of flattened the battery after we brought it up the hills (conzy left the lights on)......also, don't mind the fact that the sump is smashed or that the rear bumper is hanging off.......................s'all good man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

I hated running de-filtered..... So this system from a van shall do for now :)
    Image881.jpg
    Image882.jpg

Now available in black and red :pac:
    Image883.jpg

• Advertisement

So yesterday myself and 166man graced the gates of the madhouse that is dgts

Myself for a much needed brake change, and 166man for a rather eventful suspension change, I left my camera alone and came back to these pictures so here ye go

x6ecgi.jpg

23ixhkp.jpg

dwdsli.jpg

3358gvd.jpg

oqintj.jpg

Today I cleaned a 04 landcruiser....I needed a step ladder to get around it, I'm tall I swear :pac:

So there we go! Until next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Quick-fixed this rusty bit...
    NSjbXxBl.jpg

...sprayed the back VW badge black...
    1aVWaxYl.jpg

...and topped up the coolant/antifreeze.

A change in circumstances meant the Garrett had to be dug out and calibrated (wastegate preload setup, clocking + positioning on engine etc) for the 2.8TD....

Homself is pissed he has to use a Garrett rather than the K03.... Telling him it produces more grunt with similar spool times isn't working either! :(

Just a plate to weld and adapt for the elbow/downpipe and on it goes :)

No pics, may get some tomorrow, if I have time....

dgt wrote: »
    A change in circumstances meant the Garrett had to be dug out and calibrated (wastegate preload setup, clocking + positioning on engine etc) for the 2.8TD....

Homself is pissed he has to use a Garrett rather than the K03.... Telling him it produces more grunt with similar spool times isn't working either! :(

Just a plate to weld and adapt for the elbow/downpipe and on it goes :)

No pics, may get some tomorrow, if I have time....

Oh dear.....I'd say himself's not a happy camper at all over that :o

You never know though you might convert him yet :D

In car related things, I cleaned mine

Oh dear.....I'd say himself's not a happy camper at all over that :o

You never know though you might convert him yet :D

In car related things, I cleaned mine

It'll never happen, just wants the K03, mind set to it! Unless I source out a turbine wheel and shaft it's the TB25 for now....

Ironically I'd love a T28 in my car rather than the K14-2.... :eek:

It'll never happen, just wants the K03, mind set to it! Unless I source out a turbine wheel and shaft it's the TB25 for now....

Ironically I'd love a T28 in my car rather than the K14-2.... :eek:

You gotta love determination :P

Sure when you have nothing to to whack one in!

It's finding one that's the problem....! :(

If he'd let me I'd adapt a K14-2 to fit the 2.8 :pac: although I might just do that in my spare time......

It's finding one that's the problem....! :(

If he'd let me I'd adapt a K14-2 to fit the 2.8 :pac: although I might just do that in my spare time......

Or when he's not looking :pac:
    Hey look a really big distraction that will take a few days for you to notice! Over there!

Or send him next door :pac::pac::pac:

Or send him next door :pac::pac::pac:

Yes, next doors campervan might have a K03 :pac:

Right, I may continue prepping my own car for tomorrow (no rest for the wicked :()

• Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Stuck a battery in the civic (she had a good innings). Pain free, straightforward and not worthy of a picture.

€61 in halfords

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Stuck a battery in the civic (she had a good innings). Pain free, straightforward and not worthy of a picture.

€61 in halfords

Was it halfords own brand battery ? Id say the battery in the focus is on the way out. Its an original ford battery so almost 7 year old.

Bpmull wrote: »
    Was it halfords own brand battery ? Id say the battery in the focus is on the way out. Its an original ford battery so almost 7 year old.

Yeah, I've used them in my mums old mazda, my fto, the daysul avensis, and her micra and another micra without issue. There's a 3 year warranty on them.

Trade card helps, RRP was €84.

Yeah, I've used them in my mums old mazda, my fto, the daysul avensis, and her micra and another micra without issue. There's a 3 year warranty on them.

Trade card helps, RRP was €84.

The 3 year warranty is fairly good. My dads Octavia has a halfords battery in it Since he bought it. It seems grand although it was in it when he got it so I dont know how old it is.

€61 in halfords

How big is it?

As for my end, drop subframe for access to rack..... Yeah right! :pac:
    Image885.jpg

On the road to recovery :)

Dimensions (LxDxH): 238x129x227mm

053 size

Dimensions (LxDxH): 238x129x227mm

053 size

Ah that's what I'm after, good value there :)

Do you need a smaller battery for the pug? Dunno if it'd be big enough for the job, maybe relocate to the boot?

Ah that's what I'm after, good value there :)

If that's only 53 amps surly that would be too small for a Diesel engine. Any diesel car I've had has had a 70 + amp battery.

Do you need a smaller battery for the pug? Dunno if it'd be big enough for the job, maybe relocate to the boot?
    Bpmull wrote: »
    If that's only 53 amps surly that would be too small for a Diesel engine. Any diesel car I've had has had a 70 + amp battery.

Oh no not for that, I use a 75AH battery ;)

We may be in need of a new battery for the winter in the Bravo and seeing if other sources can compete with where we normally get batteries....

• Advertisement

Well the 063 for a 1.2 bravo is the same price.

Advertisement