Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I did something to my car (volume 2)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

As my friend would say "it'd be rude not to ;) "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

tossy wrote: »
    pressed metal plates over plastic all day, look much better.

I put these on today. I used prefer the plastic ones but I got a notion the other night and ordered them. I actually love them now:

340FB4F8E10E4551B92CBA8E08C05530-0000372590-0003607294-00800L-7A2AD86578E640999CD0F4D6A32C042D.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Awesome plate holders too. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

eireplates.ie

I got those from eireplates.ie. I ordered them on Wednesday night and had them today.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

That's required for the plates to be legal / to pass an NCT.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Plate looks great, surround not so much. The silver numbers are all that matter though. :)

• Advertisement

Not necessarily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Mackas_view

Hi this light, the ESP light comes on in my 2002 VW passat between 60-85 mph and it stays on until I turned the car off and start it again. Does anyone have any idea of what could be causing this or have had the same problem? I've searched the web but can't find an answer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,986 ✭✭✭cletus

Hi this light, the ESP light comes on in my 2002 VW passat between 60-85 mph and it stays on until I turned the car off and start it again. Does anyone have any idea of what could be causing this or have had the same problem? I've searched the web but can't find an answer

working correctly, it should only come on with a loss of traction. Could be a problem with one of the sensors at the wheels. Have you had the car scanned for stored faults, might give something more specific

...aaaaaaaaand they're fitted. They look and feel good so far. :)

14447316509_d236b98fc1_c.jpg

Plate looks great, surround not so much. The silver numbers are all that matter though. :)

There's a chrome version too but I'm afraid that if I buy that, the text will disappear in no time from washing. I've had these ones since the MPS and the silver colour isn't as good as it used be.

There's a chrome version too but I'm afraid that if I buy that, the text will disappear in no time from washing. I've had these ones since the MPS and the silver colour isn't as good as it used be.

I'm surprised you have that plate holder with the OCD going on :pac:

It really looks out of place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Mackas_view

cletus wrote: »
    working correctly, it should only come on with a loss of traction. Could be a problem with one of the sensors at the wheels. Have you had the car scanned for stored faults, might give something more specific

So it should come on but go off when I reduce speed again?

No but the last lad who put in brake pads cut the wire off the brake pad instead of connecting it up so now the brake lad light is on the whole time. Would that have anything to do with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Brake fluid changed. Not by me, got my mechanic to do it. The absolute state of the old fluid that came out. It looked like tar. God only knows how long its been in there! All I need to do now is replace the fuel filter and I'll be at inspection 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

I put these on today. I used prefer the plastic ones but I got a notion the other night and ordered them. I actually love them now:

Look great MM, i would lose the surrounds you will find it looks even better. In my opinion anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

Ordered the button for my arm rest so I can use it properly and 2 x flat blade wipers.

Where did you get the wipers from? I need a pair myself ASAP.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280704822510

There you go mate. Was 13 euro or so delivered. Cheap and cheerful. Don't want to be forking out 20 a pop from Bosch.

Ordered them! Thanks a lot, rizzee :)

GvidoR wrote: »
    Ordered them! Thanks a lot, rizzee :)

No worries :D

No offence lads but i'd say those wipers are sh!te, nothing worse than cheap wipers.

No offence lads but i'd say those wipers are sh!te, nothing worse than cheap wipers.

Anything is better than the ones I have. Old style Bosch, they look as though they've never been changed! Bits of the rubber off the wiper hanging in places :eek:

What if I bought the exact same wipers, but for about 40 euro? :pac:

GvidoR wrote: »
    What if I bought the exact same wipers, but for about 40 euro? :pac:

I doubt very much the are the exact same, just because something looks the same doesn't mean it is :D

• Advertisement

I doubt very much the are the exact same, just because something looks the same doesn't mean it is :D

But what if they were the exact same? :P

Advertisement