Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I did something to my car (volume 2)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Well the 063 for a 1.2 bravo is the same price.

Perfect, assuming it's the Halfords brand, can't see the Bosch at that price!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

dgt wrote: »
    Perfect, assuming it's the Halfords brand, can't see the Bosch at that price!

You don't get the same level of discount on the Bosch, and of course the Bosch is waaaay more expensive to begin with,

You don't get the same level of discount on the Bosch, and of course the Bosch is waaaay more expensive to begin with,

True, 3 years vs 5 years.... Decisions! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Will the car last 5 years though :D

Will the car last 5 years though :D

The car will, the owner doesn't intend on having it too much longer though....! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Heard squeaky noise while going back from work and I knew what was the source of it.

Front brake pads replaced. :D

Quick and easy task. :cool:

It's really a brilliant idea to have brake wear indicators. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

There for the lazy gits, same as reversing sensors :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Lazy one won't replace himself. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,835 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Got another one for a few days...

WP_20130812_002.jpg

08 Mercedes C180 Kompressor - Automatic (of course!)

Been AGES since I've driven a petrol car - it's a lot quieter!.. had to think about it when filling it on the way home. Takes an age to move off too but not bad otherwise
    ! Certainly better than the 520d I had last month! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dh0011

What happened the Audi, Kaiser?

• Advertisement

dh0011 wrote: »
    What happened the Audi, Kaiser?

Nothing serious thankfully.. one of the parking sensors is acting up (could be moisture) and the ESP fault light comes on every now and then.

It'll be back in a few days. At least I'm getting to drive lots of different cars in the last 2/3 months tho :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dh0011

good it is nothing serious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Jaysus you go through cars (very nice ones at that) like hot dinners :pac:

I know it's only for a few days but still :) happy motoring!

Jaysus you go through cars (very nice ones at that) like hot dinners :pac:

I know it's only for a few days but still :) happy motoring!

:D Cheers! I know.. one of the benefits of not having driven a manual in a long long time is that you usually get something nice when you need a loaner - it's no A6 or E320 diesel, but it'll do for a few days! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Today's update...

DSC09289_zps2060ead7.jpg

I've a work trip later this week which will see me tackle Wales, England, France, Belgium and finally the Netherlands where I'll be working for a few days. I decided to bring my own car as I was on a similar trip last year when my appendix let go outside London. Once I'm finished work on Sunday morning, I'll be heading a little bit further south to the Eifel Region for a couple of days R&R. In anticipation of this, I gave the car a full oil service and had it checked from top to bottom by my mechanic.

DSC09284_zpsa1ca7526.jpg

4.75 litres of Castrol Edge 5w30, a new oil filter and a clean bill of health later, I was on my way to CleanCar in New Ross for a quick enhancement before my journey.

DSC09321_zps5c608eac.jpg

After a rinse, foam, rinse, 2BW, rinse and dry, the car was pulled into their new premises for two coats of Chemical Guys Black Wax.

DSC09314_zpsde128634.jpg

Whilst they worked the paintwork, I went at the wheels and applied a coat of Kleers Wheel Protector and two coats of Kleers Tyre Dressing. Also, in a clear state of OCD, placed all my locking nuts above the 'M' in BMW.

DSC09339_zps6f855503.jpg

I've tried a LOT of products on the car and think I've finally found a combination I'm happy with.

DSC09362_zps62ba95e0.jpg

The Black wax really does do something for a black car, it honestly looks dripping wet.

DSC09364_zps2660393e.jpg

I also earlier touched up my front splitters which have picked up a few small stone chips over the last two years that they've been on the car.

DSC09372_zps94cfc22f.jpg

It's certainly not perfect by any means...

DSC09354_zpsaba38f4c.jpg

...but at least I know I'm setting off with peace of mind come Thursday morning. Hopefully the next update involves the application of an earned Nordschleife decal...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

@paddy ..... Well done !

You Just made an already crap car look worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

@paddy ..... Well done !

Spot the bad troll insulting people's cars again.

Paddy that car looks fantastic. Saw it in the flesh a few weeks ago and it's an absolute stunner. You couldn't help but do a double take at it.

• Moderators Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

To be honest, ive never been a fan of BMWs. A bit boring style wise, somewhat outdated looking interior. Just never really got what was the big fuss all about.

But my God is that BMW ****ing unbelievable looking! Well done sir. I think that is literally the only 4 door BMW I would gladly pay too much money for.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

To be honest, ive never been a fan of BMWs. A bit boring style wise, somewhat outdated looking interior. Just never really got what was the big fuss all about.

But my God is that BMW ****ing unbelievable looking! Well done sir. I think that is literally the only 4 door BMW I would gladly pay too much money for.

That's rich coming from a VW driver :pac:

Ah now, the CC is probably one of the better and more unusual cars out there - certainly a more pleasant sight than the masses of basic spec 520d's :p

Paddy's BMW IS extremely nice though .. if a little too low for my tastes (sorry :o)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭rizzee

Got my xenons.
    Picked out my new Alloys (2 weeks til I'm buying), BBS r's chrome not too sure whether to stick to chrome centre or get the gold...
    Waiting on debadged grill...

• Moderators Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I bet you'd love one of these.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTeRoy7GEnX4F_Ksf1U6aUwxvadYadaq7qcudS3FiJcc05znTY

geddit? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Eheheh I see what you did there, very nice ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Ah now, the CC is probably one of the better and more unusual cars out there - certainly a more pleasant sight than the masses of basic spec 520d's :p

True dat! The CC interior is class.
    geddit? :D

Ehmmm.......touché :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,015 ✭✭✭✭cena

That is one nice looking bmw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

Put four spark plugs in the polo today. 60 poxy euro's worth. The ones in thankfully looked oldish when I pulled them out. Made me feel better. Three beru's and a denso so the OCD said they had to go regardless :p . NGK's all the time.

Filled it with 10w40 lidl oil and took it for a spin. Didn't blow up.

Found some weird yellow greasey mayonaisey stuff in a breather tube where it intersected another tube coming from a valve. WTF? Scraped it out with a screwdriver for now. The engine seems to have spent a long period of it's life overfilled with oil. NCT is on wednesday so no major tinkering untill that's done.

Had to order a new headlight in the end as all the manual adjusters were busted too. Be fitting that tommorow and getting them adjusted along with two new tyres and in she goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

@paddy ..... Well done !

I tend to disagree. Normally I detest modifications especially lowering, but that is really tastefully done and adds to rather than detracts from the car

Thanks everyone!

Kaiser2000 wrote: »

Paddy's BMW IS extremely nice though .. if a little too low for my tastes (sorry :o)

Don't be sorry! I know certain things won't be for everyone but you can at least rest assured knowing that it's lowered properly with full consideration for how the geometry would be affected. It's even laser aligned within full OEM specification :)

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭weekaizer

That BMW is awesome ... simply awesome.. Maybe I'm a bit biased as a BMW owner myself, there's not one thing I would change on that car except maybe rear tinted Windows's just to finish it..

• Advertisement

weekaizer wrote: »
    That BMW is awesome ... simply awesome.. Maybe I'm a bit biased as a BMW owner myself, there's not one thing I would change on that car except maybe rear tinted Windows's just to finish it..

It's on the list :)

Advertisement