Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I did something to my car (volume 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

GvidoR wrote: »
    Fuel in US is very cheap... about €0.65 per litre. It's S3 8P, isn't it?

Yeah i know it's cheap that's what i was getting at :) It's an 8L.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Premium fuel in the US is our regular. The sh!te fuel RON is the reason for all the huge V8s throughout the years. They needed the high capacity to make up the power whereas here (in Europe) we have 2.0 litre engines producing almost the same type of power.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Premium fuel in the US is our regular. The sh!te fuel RON is the reason for all the huge V8s throughout the years. They needed the high capacity to make up the power whereas here we have 2.0 litre engines producing almost the same type of power.

Yeah, Irish engines are so efficient. :p

CianRyan wrote: »
    Yeah, Irish engines are so efficient. :p

I wouldn't want an Irish engine in my car :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

tossy wrote: »
    I wouldn't want an Irish engine in my car :D

Neither would i! Jaysis we'd be back in the flintstones if that was the case :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

I wonder what you would think about my head unit then. :o :pac:

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I wonder what you would think about my head unit then. :o :pac:

A bora with a halfords radio is hardly comparable to a Ferrari with a halfords radio.

A bora with a halfords radio is hardly comparable to a Ferrari with a halfords radio.

I have a Chinese head unit I got from eBay for €23 brand new including delivery. :D

It's extremely light for some reason. It doesn't play CD's but USB and AUX ports is all I need. The build quality is quite poor and it heats up a lot, but still works and luckily the colour of the lights matches perfectly with Bora's interior.

I have a Chinese head unit I got from eBay for €23 brand new including delivery. :D

It's extremely light for some reason. It doesn't play CD's but USB and AUX ports is all I need. The build quality is quite poor and it heats up a lot, but still works and luckily the colour of the lights matches perfectly with Bora's interior.

...And can you confirm the existing Bora head unit was still functioning when you removed it from the car? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Done a few bits today. NCT is on Saturday.

There was a loud noise from the blower whenever you turned it on. Sounded like a leaf... there's a pun in that somewhere :pac:.
    xqb62v.jpg

Changed out the mouldy fuel filter
    mtmao1.jpg

Gave it a first 3 hour pass inside and out.
    11v7e4k.jpg

Still more to do. It comes of with a good scrub of a green pad but I'll do it with the wheels off. Plan is to take the centre caps out then and paint them too.
    rk8ozs.jpg

Could do with a buff.
    dhef4h.jpg

Cleaned all the dash and inside glass so they're no longer a health hazard. Have to go now and get some cleaner for the seats.

Are you seriously cleaning your wheels with a green scouring pad???? :eek:

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Do you have a fire extinguisher in the car?

Are you seriously cleaning your wheels with a green scouring pad???? :eek:

Not yet...

What should I use instead?

Well I'm only saying it because a scouring pad might get rid of that but it will leave horrible scratches and marring on the wheels.

What you're seeing there is iron contamination from the brake pads. You need to get Iron Cleanse from detailingshed.com to safely remove that.

tossy wrote: »
    ...And can you confirm the existing Bora head unit was still functioning when you removed it from the car? :D

It was, but this is what it looked like.

QPF8LRx.jpg
    MarkR wrote: »
    Do you have a fire extinguisher in the car?

I do not. :P

It was, but this is what it looked like.

QPF8LRx.jpg

I do not. :P

I suggest you invest in one! I've on in my car, helps knowing it's there like

Well I'm only saying it because a scouring pad might get rid of that but it will leave horrible scratches and marring on the wheels.

What you're seeing there is iron contamination from the brake pads. You need to get Iron Cleanse from detailingshed.com to safely remove that.

Cheers, it did cross my mind that it would scratch the wheels a bit. I'll pick some of that up next week. Wasn't particularly looking forward to scrubing them anyway :). I just used an alloy wheel cleaner and a power hose earlier. It took everything off bar the caked on iron.

I suggest you invest in one! I've on in my car, helps knowing it's there like

I will definitely invest in a proper one, but I have no idea what to choose. I don't need a CD player (does anyone still use them? :pac:). I need USB, AUX and for it to be decent quality so it doesn't explode when I hook up a subwoofer. I've seen some head units where you can change the colour of the buttons and all, that way you can match it to the colour of the interior lights - that's pretty neat. :P

I was on about the fire extinguisher :pac: but sounds good!

• Advertisement

I was on about the fire extinguisher :pac: but sounds good!

Oh... yeah I thought it was a bit strange when you said it helps knowing you have the head unit there in the car. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Today I bought a polybush kit for the 156, Hel braided lines for the gtv, brimmed it with petrol and taxed her for another three months....I feel poor now :(
    Although I can't wait to fit the braided lines, have new pagid disks lying in the shed to go on with the ebc greenstuff pads. Can put the brake upgrades to one side to next year then, once fitted. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

List for the focus which will be done over the next few weeks.

ST 17" alloys
    ST front fogs (loom and switch for fogs as well)
    New reg plates
    Maybe mesh for lower front grille, unsure about that one
    Clear side repeaters
    OEM Ford Radio
    Cigarette light/cover for front and rear
    Front drivers arch cover (existing is cracked and a big chunk gone)
    Glove box handle
    Boot mat (some eejit cut a piece of material to size and used it as a mat :rolleyes:)
    Set of fitted mats
    tddi badge for back

They are mostly minor cosmetic things, a lot of which will be gotten in a breakers. :)

List for the focus which will be done over the next few weeks.

ST 17" alloys
    ST front fogs (loom and switch for fogs as well)
    New reg plates
    Maybe mesh for lower front grille, unsure about that one
    Clear side repeaters
    OEM Ford Radio
    Cigarette light/cover for front and rear
    Front drivers arch cover (existing is cracked and a big chunk gone)
    Glove box handle
    Boot mat (some eejit cut a piece of material to size and used it as a mat :rolleyes:)
    Set of fitted mats
    tddi badge for back

They are mostly minor cosmetic things, a lot of which will be gotten in a breakers. :)

Project thread! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Project thread! :D:D

Thought about it, but is it really worth it? No plans to take the engine out or anything major......

Thought about it, but is it really worth it? No plans to take the engine out or anything major......

Sure take a look at some of them, it's not all extreme, Black Knights is a good example

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

I will definitely invest in a proper one, but I have no idea what to choose. I don't need a CD player (does anyone still use them? :pac:). I need USB, AUX and for it to be decent quality so it doesn't explode when I hook up a subwoofer. I've seen some head units where you can change the colour of the buttons and all, that way you can match it to the colour of the interior lights - that's pretty neat. :P
    This one is good value at the moment

http://www.halfords.ie/sat-nav-audio/car-audio/dab-radios-car-stereos/alpine-ute-72bt-drive-less-head-unit-with-bluetooth-and-ipod#tab2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Not bad, but what's the difference between that one and let's say this one here... http://www.halfords.ie/sat-nav-audio/car-audio/dab-radios-car-stereos/pioneer-mvh-160ui-rds-tuner-with-ipod-iphone-direct-control#tab2

Other than the bluetooth and design...
    The illumination on the alpine can be changed to different colours. I think it's got better sound quality too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement