Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I did something to my car (volume 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Roof spoiler added.
    roofspoiler.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Sorted out bit of small surface rust in my boot today :) first time doing this sort of thing so dont slate me lol

heres pics

before/damage

2ir3p5v.jpg

wv25v7.jpg

nucg3.jpg

nucg3.jpg

vzkldt.jpg

prepping/cleaning/wire brushed

jtpi83.jpg

2hzjudk.jpg

First Layer

2e3qr11.jpg

29ncf3o.jpg

Done

29vza5w.jpg

Before

2ir3p5v.jpg

after

29vza5w.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Is that Hammerite?

Is that Hammerite?

yeah think u can see the tin in one of the pics lol :D

pudzey101 wrote: »

That's gonna smell like an arse on a hot day!

• Advertisement

ahh smell woudnt bother me :) i actually never taught about that before doing it hahah

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

ahh smell woudnt bother me :) i actually never taught about that before doing it hahah

Why not just Matt black. Would look basicly stock

corkgsxr wrote: »
    Why not just Matt black. Would look basicly stock

coudnt get the direct to rust in matte black , doesnt bother me anyway once its some shade of black , its well hidden anyway :pac:

Changed to BBS centre caps

20140806_193749.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

I bloody love them roof spoilers on jzx's Chris, one thing though....

You have no head!!!

317472.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,986 ✭✭✭cletus

Just had the clutch changed in the corolla, gearbox oil done at the same time. Pedal much easier to press, and actual acceleration in second gear

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I changed the front discs and pads today, It was down to bare metal and was eating into the brake discs. I had recently changed some body parts and had rubbing from the arch liners, when I fixed that problem I could still hear what sounded like arch rubbing but it was my brakes. So I left the car in work and as I was off today I decided to go in and change out the worn brakes. Glad I brought this metal bar, I 100% could not had done the job withoout it.
    tooldf.jpg

Its shocking how bad the pads were, here is a comparison with the new pad.
    twoshot1.jpg

The job was easy but there were 2 caliper bolts that did not want to move, I eventually got a few tools inter connected and used the metal bar from before which got them loose, I had intended to use cable ties to suspended the caliper fro the control arm but the thing is heavy so instead I rested it on an extra jack I had brought with me.
    The car drives fine now.
    twoshot2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

Not quite on my car but related:
    DSC_3152_zps51b2spyz.jpg
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Killinator - what the hell am I looking at :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

I gathered that it's the key fob casing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

Sorry ya. It's my key fob. Thought I put it in my post, oops!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Wired up a reversing camera to the 7er , fairly easy install with everything in the boot and no runs to the front.
    7dpHZy.jpg
    88HbNL.jpg
    7LDX2v.jpg
    4RWC7y.jpg
    5L8zEN.jpg
    6Rm3nJ.jpg
    77fVuE.jpg
    6JmhhB.jpg
    8rajyi.jpg

Today I wish I didn't touch the fecker. Debadging went a bit awry. Can't get the cloudy look to go away......

155145h.jpg

2liudt0.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

A hefty dose of detarring agent should shift it no?

A hefty dose of detarring agent should shift it no?

That's what I was using (AG), took all the glue and crap away grand, but it's like it kind of stained the paintwork.... not that I even kept it on long.

• Advertisement

That's what I was using (AG), took all the glue and crap away grand, but it's like it kind of stained the paintwork.... not that I even kept it on long.

Ahh yes i know whatcha mean, maybe a good clay and polish job then? :confused:

Detailing forum would be your best bet really

Ahh yes i know whatcha mean, maybe a good clay and polish job then? :confused:

Detailing forum would be your best bet really

Off I go :pac: I've a good few more pics of bits I've done to the car I need to stick up sometime, I'm too lazy now :P

Off I go :pac: I've a good few more pics of bits I've done to the car I need to stick up sometime, I'm too lazy now :P

Well for some, I've a mountain of parts on it's way to me so all I'm doing now is this :pac:

1378785502933.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭renofan

Had a busy day Saturday, had a few jobs to do on the Audi and a chance on Saturday.

1st thing was a new tie rod end and rear upper control arm on the front driver's wheel. Had done the front upper control arm earlier this year.

IMAG0339_zps28c73eed.jpg
    IMAG0340_zps6829da5b.jpg

Both new ones in place

IMAG0344_zps56502e8b.jpg

Then I went at the back brake the passenger side. I thought it was a sticking caliper but it turned out to be a seized guide pin that I could not free. As I left it so long, (it was like that since I got the car a year and 20k miles ago!), the caliper had somehow twisted and ripped the rubber boot so off to the scrappy to get a new carrier and caliper. Never took pics during or after, only one of the damaged caliper.

IMAG0318_zps8d2e6e82.jpg

Then I changed the brake fluid

IMAG0304_zpsddb68232.jpg

Then I replaced the dodgy CV Joint the passenger side. Took the driveshaft out and put on the new one on the bench, made the job easier imo.

IMAG0305_zps711d7590.jpg
    IMAG0314_zps5e20c18d.jpg
    IMAG0315_zps5d691030.jpg

Since I got the car all I'd done was the front upper control arm the driver's side which it failed the NCT on. I'd never taken the back wheels off but all wheels were like this anyways so decided to try clean them

IMAG0319_zps6d03ca57.jpg

This is the best I could do with engine degreaser. Is there something I could try to get the rest off?

IMAG0323_zps2fd61938.jpg

As you can imagine the car is a bit nicer to drive now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

To completely remove all that, use OAC Iron Cleanse or Bilt Hamber Auto wheel followed by a tar remover.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

1982 BMW e23 7 series
    Full sound system upgrade
    The car is being restored as well, brand new paint job, brand new wheels, brand new upholstery (Black leather with orange stitching).

1.JPG
    3.JPG
    4.JPG
    5.JPG
    6.JPG
    7.JPG
    8.JPG
    9.JPG
    10.JPG
    11.JPG
    12.JPG
    13.JPG
    14.JPG
    15.JPG
    16.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

927407_692226210831932_2019268829_n.jpg

I raised the rear 12mm yesterday and the fronts 5mm today. I would have gone further up on the front, but the driver's side adjuster got stuck on some grit and is refusing to budge. That'll be a job for another day. Headlights are back in and new splitter is on the car once more. Hopefully it lasts longer than two weeks this time...

Custom phone holder for Ferrari 430. Wrapped in fluffy genuine Alcantara.
    The holding arm can move around.

1.JPG
    2.JPG
    3.JPG
    4.JPG
    5.JPG
    6.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭toyotaavensis

bmstuff wrote: »
    Custom phone holder for Ferrari 430. Wrapped in fluffy genuine Alcantara.
    The holding arm can move around.

1.JPG
    2.JPG
    3.JPG
    4.JPG
    5.JPG
    6.JPG
    I know this is not by any means the biggest job you have ever posted here but there is something really nice about this. Fair play lad.

• Advertisement

I know this is not by any means the biggest job you have ever posted here but there is something really nice about this. Fair play lad.

Thank you
    Never done custom parts like that before to be honest, definitely challenging but gratifying in the end when the owner has a smile on his face.
    Looking forward for more custom parts :cool:

Advertisement