Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I did something to my car (volume 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

It looks nice, really. :)

BTW, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you have front brake discs mounted in opposite direction?

That's what I've been told how it should be (rotation marked):

267271.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

New 60ah 600a battery in the focus

Running grand

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

New 60ah 600a battery in the focus

Running grand

So the starter was fine was it??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

So the starter was fine was it??

Starter/alternator/cables to and from alternator all fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Not today but... 2 days ago

As the coolant in my VW Bora seemed to disappear rapidly, I took the coolant tank out, checked it for leaks, re-connected the tubes and the cable and now it's back to normal. Turns out it was evaporating.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

Failed the NCT on brake hoses and tie rod assembly, which should be fun frown.png. Visions already of a nearly welded on inner with less wiggle room than a 4 inch pipe. It's on a polo 6N2. Anyone done one before? Seen a how too for a mk IV golf that mentions a special tool to remove it.

At least the headlights passed. Got an aftermarket relacement for one lamp only to find out, when I went to fit a replacement clip for the leveling motor, that the other ones manual levelers were busted too. So I spent last night sniffing glue.

4kby.jpg

The offending part. Really weak plastic. I used a piece of cardboard as a jig.
    86ur.jpg

Out with the epoxy surfboard repair kit.
    qvy2.jpg

bombproof :pac: or so I thought. The one remaining piece of plastic not buried in epoxy broke off when I tested it so I jammed in a piece of rawl plug for the adjuster bolt to bite on.
    a8ud.jpg

2otb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭rizzee

Debadged grill on yesterday

2laddp2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

A set of front fogs would look the business on that now I think, if you have the wiring and all for it like

A set of front fogs would look the business on that now I think, if you have the wiring and all for it like

There's plastic covers where the fogs can fit into that's another thing on the list! Only about 40 or 50 delivered on eBay for an after market set (nicer than the OEM IMO).

Have Fiat mudflaps (rear) coming Monday/Tuesday and i'm getting 2 rear windows off a 3 door non-van Grande so i'llbe able to see through :p Obviously will be tinting them up... DOE next month so will wait until it goes through that before anything else :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

rizzee wrote: »
    There's plastic covers where the fogs can fit into that's another thing on the list! Only about 40 or 50 delivered on eBay for an after market set (nicer than the OEM IMO).

Those aftermarket ones won't fit correct, I have them myself a home in the box still brand new - requires drilling into the rear of the bumper if your up for that :O

Front Fog Left and Right - http://www.irelandcarparts.com/parts/markid/1224/cat/fog-lamp/fiat_grande_punto_door_hatchback_2006_2010?_ts=33975

PS: There are black ones as well but at twice the price? Nah don't think so!

Rizzee, above based in Navan, only €47.79 a piece which is a bargain. Guide on FF for fitting them as well (relay required and a separate switch but it's dead easy).

http://www.fiatforum.com/grande-punto-guides/88626-fitting-front-fog-lights.html

I got me arch liners off them, they do crash repair parts so they are not OEM by Fiat but identical size / spec etc. sure they real ones are 4 times the price!

• Advertisement

Gent as always :D

Those were the aftermarket ones and all, pity they wouldnt fit :/ I must give you a shout when I get some, i'm useless with wiring stuff up :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

I got a cheap obd2 reader of ebay and turned off the light and done a search for any other faults. Was a great buy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

This

null_zps253cb292.jpg

To This:

3b6718da-2ed4-49f7-8374-4ccf845dc686_zps0ad19ded.jpg

Looks better on 17's than the 16's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Looks better on 17's than the 16's.

It sure does :cool:

Do you find tyres in 17 inch guise are cheaper than the 16's before?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

The 16's were on it when i bought it, Got uniroyals on the front and maxxis on the back of the 17's.

So went from this:

e660ac5f-2068-4446-9926-43afd1013e01_zpsc9a3f7e0.jpg

to this:

null_zpsc563acf9.jpg

Average-ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 paddyc310

Any help for a spedo sencor for corolla diesal van 1.9 Peugeot engene very expensive new van is2000 I good shape any advicewould be great. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

joujoujou wrote: »
    It looks nice, really. :)

BTW, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you have front brake discs mounted in opposite direction?

That's what I've been told how it should be (rotation marked):

The discs are non-directional, although I do think they look strange myself. I'll take pictures from the passenger side from now on! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Take another photo, please. I'm really curious about your brake discs. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

paddyc310 wrote: »
    Any help for a spedo sencor for corolla diesal van 1.9 Peugeot engene very expensive new van is2000 I good shape any advicewould be great. Thanks

So you are looking for a speed sender for a Corolla van. Does it have the BE3 gearbox? Are you sure its the sensor and not the wiring?

• Moderators Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

south-park-season-12-6-over-logging-randy-finds-the-internet-gross.jpg

ZOE_0033.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I wouldn't be jizzing over a pisshat now, no matter how many red letters :P.
    I'm joking mind, looks nice in fairness how's the snow foam :).

• Moderators Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Hal1 wrote: »
    I wouldn't be jizzing over a pisshat now, no matter how many red letters :P.
    I'm joking mind, looks nice in fairness how's the snow foam :).

Passat CC :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Replaced one disc and pads...

Had terrible trouble removing the bolts from the caliper as the space between the caliper and the shock was too tight for my ratchet. It pretty much wouldn't fit. Only after a lot of cursing and improvising did I manage to get the two bolts off. After then completing that side and moving to the passenger side when I removed the wheel I realised that it was even tighter on that side for some reason. Couldn't remove it at all. Have to go to halfords tomorrow and buy either just a 7mm hex, or I might splash out and get the 150 piece set just to have!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

Replaced the JL Audio 600/6 with a Soundstream "Stealth" STL 6.620

Did they not say "stealth"? :D Class A/B amplification.

Installing Digital Sound Processing (DSP) while I am at it...Going to be hard turning that radio off...Sounds pretty dawn good so far.

DSC_0798.JPG

DSC_0802.JPG
    DSC_0804.JPG
    DSC_0807.JPG
    DSC_0811.JPG
    DSC_0813.JPG
    DSC_0819.JPG
    DSC_0835.JPG
    DSC_0840.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Replaced one disc and pads...

Had terrible trouble removing the bolts from the caliper as the space between the caliper and the shock was too tight for my ratchet. It pretty much wouldn't fit. Only after a lot of cursing and improvising did I manage to get the two bolts off. After then completing that side and moving to the passenger side when I removed the wheel I realised that it was even tighter on that side for some reason. Couldn't remove it at all. Have to go to halfords tomorrow and buy either just a 7mm hex, or I might splash out and get the 150 piece set just to have!

All done! :D

Now off to the hurling!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Today I made a small change to the 156.....

Before;

539954_10200204567330764_1510992652_n.jpg

After;

8pvl.jpg

What think ye? I think it makes a savage difference, such a shame about the scratch on the front bumper though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

Well you knew I was already jealous!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I know *raises hand*, you opened the sunroof :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Wow, the whole driveway is brighter, did you clean that too :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Wow, the whole driveway is brighter, did you clean that too :D

There's leaves on the trees as well!

Advertisement